Greenwood bike seat trade

cherrycam

Greenwood bike seat trade

Postby cherrycam » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:39 am

I finally got down to pick up my bike Sunday afternoon after leaving it there Friday morning. I know already, I shouldn't expect too much leaving my bike there all weekend. I don't, I just forget to go back and get it after coming home via a different means. Anyway, the story continues...
"It's there" I exclaimed as we drove into the car park area.
"But the seat isn't" retorted my wife as it became clearer.
"oh"
Sure enough my seat was clean gone, but on the ground was another seat with an aluminum rack attached. Ok, what's gone on here...? Couldn't work it out. Anyways, I needed a seat to get the bike home, so installed the replacement. The condition of the seat was similar to my own - certainly not new, but usable. My seat was a bit soft and recreational cyclist type, the replacement I think I like better, although it doesn't go back far enough. Also, I am now missing my rear light fitting

So, if it's your seat and rack, let me know, and can return to proper owner, otherwise I'll keep using. I'm a bit worried that my seat will disappear again now that I have some else's seat on it. Then again it's probably better than a wheel theft...

dmwill

Re: Greenwood bike seat trade

Postby dmwill » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:53 am

Quick release seat collar?

If you're locking up a bike somewhere unattended, it's worth the $10 or so to swap it for a bolt up seat collar, or at least a use a small chain lock you can loop through the seat rails.

Won't stop someone desperate with the right tools though - I've known someone who had a full crank set stolen from a train station before.

cherrycam

Re: Greenwood bike seat trade

Postby cherrycam » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:57 am

Yes quick release. Might have to think about that.