Giant XTC 29er Dumped in East Perth

crazioldjane

Giant XTC 29er Dumped in East Perth

Postby crazioldjane » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:26 pm

I found a dumped bike in east perth early this morning. Its had the serial number ground off but looks pretty good condition and eastern states bike shop sticker. It has a number of changes done to it that would make it easy for the owner to prove its theirs and I would be very happy to get it back to them so if you are it or maybe know who are is it please pm or gumtree or local newspaper me... :mrgreen:
" faith is the substance of things hoped for..the evidence of things not seen"

sarahactivated

Re: Giant XTC 29er Dumped in East Perth

Postby sarahactivated » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Saw your ad on Gum Tree the other day! I hope you find the owner. I can't believe they went through the trouble of actually obscuring the serial number??

Very considerate of you to try to find them :)

Sar
Sarah - Perth WA

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Posted Gumtree link up on the Kalamunda MTB Collective Facebook group.

Might be worth calling the shop over East. They might have record of the bike (assuming the serial number is intact). It might still belong to the original owner who has moved over here.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:50 pm

If it's a Sydney bike shop, it would be worth posting on nobmob.com and Sydney MTB FB page. PM me details if you wish and I can post up. Would be good to get it back to the owner.

crazioldjane

Postby crazioldjane » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:03 pm

its had the serial number well and truly ground off... the sticker is eastern states but not sydney and i think that is the key identifyer as it very obviously never been touched ,it also has a very strange saddle to have on a 29er as well as non stock tyres, a brand name light and some other bits that the true owner should be able to tell me...i'm getting quite a few inquires from gumtree and its also in the local papers.... there seems to be a lot of these stolen out there... :(
" faith is the substance of things hoped for..the evidence of things not seen"