Mitchell Freeway PSP - Glendalough to Hutton

rolandp

Re: Mitchell Freeway PSP - Glendalough to Hutton

Postby rolandp » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:03 am

Aushiker wrote:
rolandp wrote:I also got 'page not found' when submitting.
Sorry but the page you are looking for cannot be found.
THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MIGHT HAVE BEEN REMOVED, HAD ITS NAME CHANGED, OR IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE.
Working for me now.
Glad it worked for you. I reported the "page not found" to DoT, no response yet, so I stopped off last night to report to those handing out the survey slips, who indicated that someone else had reported this error.

Don't let this stop you completing the survey, hopefully it is a small number experiencing this issue.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Reported today by WestCycles. Early works started last week (apparently) and will continue all month between Cedric and Vincent st

For our $40M for the whole job we get
MRD wrote:Scope of works
* Build an additional 7 km lane on Mitchell Freeway southbound from Cedric Street to Vincent Street
* Complete the missing link on the Principal Shared Path from Glendalough Station to Hutton Street
* Improve median barriers between the railway line and traffic lanes with existing barriers being replaced with concrete barriers
* Provision of noise and screen walls where required
Scarborough Beach overpass
Image (West Cycle)
Plus grade separated underpasses on the east side at Hutton St. I guess building the eastern part is easier than fixing the western side. :D

Still not clear what's happening at the bus only freewa on-ramp (see picture above)
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 pm

The Auditors General report indicated:
$28 million – the Glendalough Station to Hutton Street section of the Mitchell Freeway PSP is in the detailed design process, which will conclude in late 2015. The project will cost about $15 million per kilometre, due to the number of structures and the need to fully separate busy cycle and pedestrian paths

So, for $12m, we are getting:
Scope of works
* Build an additional 7 km lane on Mitchell Freeway southbound from Cedric Street to Vincent Street
* Improve median barriers between the railway line and traffic lanes with existing barriers being replaced with concrete barriers
* Provision of noise and screen walls where required
Which I'm sure some would feel is very good value for money at a bargain price.

I'm also interested in seeing what is happening with the Scarborough Beach onramp as this was highlighted back in 2015 tender documents so surely 3 years of planning would have provided a solution at this location.

mount_street

Postby mount_street » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:55 pm

rolandp wrote:I'm also interested in seeing what is happening with the Scarborough Beach onramp as this was highlighted back in 2015 tender documents so surely 3 years of planning would have provided a solution at this location.
From these minutes linked off the project page :
https://project.mainroads.wa.gov.au/hom ... inutes.pdf

At the top of page 5 it looks like the PSP crosses the ramp at-grade (no proposed bridge/underpass number is marked) and the ramp itself will be a PSP on/off ramp "used for buses also" :shock:

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:18 pm

mount_street wrote:At the top of page 5 it looks like the PSP crosses the ramp at-grade (no proposed bridge/underpass number is marked) and the ramp itself will be a PSP on/off ramp "used for buses also" :shock:
Probably better than it sounds as the buses won't be getting much speed on up that ramp. And there won't be too many of them.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Knox_Harrington

Postby Knox_Harrington » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:26 pm

The commute near Hutton St has only gotten worse in recent months. Besides the traffic which is bad as ever, there's a horrible smell that seems to be coming from the Vincent Works Depot. It smells a bit like the chemicals they use in porta-loos. Hopefully it's not a carcinogen.

Really looking forward to this long overdue upgrade.

RoFlmaTiC

Postby RoFlmaTiC » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Me too after this near miss tonight!

Approximately 7pm (the fly12 clock thingo is wrong).

2011 Cervelo S2 | 2014 Cervelo P2 | 2014 Apollo Giro Disc | 2018 S Works Tarmac Ultralight | 2020 Ragley Trig Adventure

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Thoglette wrote:
mount_street wrote:At the top of page 5 it looks like the PSP crosses the ramp at-grade (no proposed bridge/underpass number is marked) and the ramp itself will be a PSP on/off ramp "used for buses also" :shock:
Probably better than it sounds as the buses won't be getting much speed on up that ramp. And there won't be too many of them.
I've seen a few sneaky cars use it too. Hopefully they have a camera here?