Want to give Road Racing a go?

nickobec

Want to give Road Racing a go?

Postby nickobec » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:40 pm

Peel District Cycling Club have a deal on at the moment $30 for a three day licence and races fees for three races (normally $45 for 3 day licence and $10 per race, so $75 value for $30). http://pdcc.asn.au/2015/03/march-news/

Next race is a criterium at the Kwinana Motorplex (traffic free course) on Sunday, great place to learn.

Then a two more crits at Smeaton Way in Rockingham. Very flat and fast course and the corners are not technical.

Before a short break and the start of the road season, so if crits are not for you, save a race for Serpentine on April 25, or Wandi May 2.

If you want to try a third discipline there is the Time Keepers Time Trial on May 3.

If you have kids (from 5 up) who want try racing, there are a couple of short junior races before the main event, which are free to enter and are ridden on a variety of bicycles. There will be a big field this Sunday at the Motorplex.

just4tehhalibut

Re: Want to give Road Racing a go?

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 pm

A recent race at Bentley made the Mandurah Mail for local riders. "Peel Cycling Club impresses at state championships".

It's nice how the more country area news media take more interesting in sports like cycling - although it can be a bit disconcerting when a car with a TV camera pulls up next to you while you're trying to survive being the pursued in the Collie-Donnybrook.

nickobec

Re: Want to give Road Racing a go?

Postby nickobec » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks for posting that link, I had not seen it. It is my handiwork, my race reports from the Peel Districts Cycling Club go to 4 local papers and one local radio station, and it is rare for the reports not to get published.