Ride to School Day

rolandp

Ride to School Day

Postby rolandp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Ride to School Day was Friday 13th March.

Brilliant I'm a very strong supporter of getting kids to ride so that they will have more appreciation of cycling later in life.

HOWEVER

This morning a fellow cyclists and I came across a young boy on the Leederville PSP doing the right thing and riding to school. Except something caused him to swerve off the shared path and ended up against the recently replaced chain mail fence. We had to untangle home and his bike from the fence.

Luckily nothing serious was visually obvious except some grazes and he walked his bike the rest of the way to school.

This is the section of the PSP with the never ending cracks, bumps etc. Can't prove this was the cause of the problem but certainly know it wouldn't have helped.

Are we doing enough? This section of the PSP is poor and has been requested to be repaired so many times. There are international guidelines relating to distances from cycling infrastructure which Main Roads choose to ignore.

It is Bike Week, time to ask these questions.

Thoglette

Re: Ride to School Day

Postby Thoglette » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 pm

rolandp wrote:Ride to School Day was Friday 13th March.
"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Thoglette

Re: Ride to School Day

Postby Thoglette » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:40 pm

Thoglette wrote:
rolandp wrote:Ride to School Day was Friday 13th March.
"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."
Hmmm
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ