Perth lockup

MikeRoadie

Perth lockup

Postby MikeRoadie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:54 am

i am wondering if anyone knows of a good place you can leave bike in perth for a couple of hours at a time. I commute to some clients in Perth and have used a mates work place and shower to date but it's prob not a permanent solution. Is there anywhere you can safely leave your bike and get change rooms (not quite as important as there are a few toilets around). For a couple of hours can you just chain it up on the terrace or something? Think I might be dreaming of having a public usable lockup but thought someone on here might also commute to clients in Perth.

worzel

Re: Perth lockup

Postby worzel » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:18 am

MikeRoadie wrote:i am wondering if anyone knows of a good place you can leave bike in perth for a couple of hours at a time. I commute to some clients in Perth and have used a mates work place and shower to date but it's prob not a permanent solution. Is there anywhere you can safely leave your bike and get change rooms (not quite as important as there are a few toilets around). For a couple of hours can you just chain it up on the terrace or something? Think I might be dreaming of having a public usable lockup but thought someone on here might also commute to clients in Perth.
There are lock rails all over the place. One just outside Dome on the Terrace that I know of.

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:28 am

Bike Valet are about to launch a commuter service where you drop off at a location to their trick, and let them know when you need the bike back and where their mobile storage truck will be. Not sure if they'll have mobile changing rooms as well

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 pm

MikeRoadie wrote: Is there anywhere you can safely leave your bike and get change rooms (not quite as important as there are a few toilets around).
The CPP Elder St parking (entry off Murray) has bicycle parking. You'd still want to BYO lock.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Have you checked out the Perth Bicycle Parking map?

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFil ... ochure.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or are you looking for something a little more secure -

If so, most buildings in Perth have lockups in their parking areas as well as facilities - perhaps start with your mate's location and see if they will let you hire access to their facilities if they have a lockup area - they might not expect a non-tenant to approach them, but if you're paying for the use, sooner or later you'll possibly find a willing building manager to assist you and provide you access on an ongoing basis.

Hope this helps :) even if theres not a public solution, talking to people can find you all kinds if workable solutions :)

David

MikeRoadie

Postby MikeRoadie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Just found this topic! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=70051" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Any new additions let me know.