Signs painted either side of Narrows

Trucker Jord

Re: Signs painted either side of Narrows

Postby Trucker Jord » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Two of these painted signs popped up on the PSP near Grant st station today. looks like they are rolling the out across whole of Perth PSP network? anyone hit one on a rain day yet? they look pretty slick.

Talks_to_Swans

Postby Talks_to_Swans » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:54 am

My favourite ones were the ones plastered on the shared use path between Point Lewis and Elizabeth Quay just days before it was closed for at least three months.
Also, the Australia Day stickers on the shared use path next to Riverside Drive are of very good quality, maybe Main Roads should talk to the events people before the next 'stickers in lieu of infrastructure' campaign.

Karati

Postby Karati » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:35 pm

The cynic in me says its a good way to say they have spent x amount on cycling infrastructure...

Marmoset

Postby Marmoset » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:46 pm

There needs to be a few "Blind corner, don't overtake here you fool!" signs just north of the Canning Bridge. Seems to be getting worse, seen 3 near misses so far this week, all by blokes who are old enough to know better and will take an awfully long time to get over an incident, should one happen.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Troy C wrote:Yes I am serious
Why, because the Dual Use Path is not wide enough.
I understand your point, but The modern PSP does not accommodate .
PSPs do in my city. It just requires us on wheels to show the sort of restraint that we expect those in cars to show us. Any rider who can't do that should look at removing themselves from the path rather than expect peds to be frozen out of what they enjoy from their leisurely walk.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle