Training pl. connection Cockburn

Timeonabike

Training pl. connection Cockburn

Postby Timeonabike » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:08 pm

G'day,

Is anybody aware of any effort to connect the fwy PSP to the existing stub of Roe hwy?

At present I need to ride down Farrington rd and double back to get to the Roe hwy path. Not that I mind that much, after all more km's is good.

The link below hopefully shows the area most suitable - there's already a bridge under the fwy, and lots of unused land.

A path could be run from the PSP down under the bridge and connected to Training place - then it's a cinch to get on to the Roe hwy path.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/(AT)-32.092 ... j5D4?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On another similar matter, does anyone know if the proposed ROE 8 extension has any cycle facilities incorporated into it? At the enormous price tag, I would hope that it did...

Cheers,

Time

Rex

Re: Training pl. connection Cockburn

Postby Rex » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Berrigan, Karel Ave route is the only alternative unfortunately.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm

There was a recommendation for Cockburn to have a bike path running alongside the train line I recall. No idea if they are going to do it tho.

Farrington Rd - Karel Ave is another way headed from north
Only 3 roads can take you there
Roe hwy - Karel Ave
Farrington Rd - Karel Ave
Berrigan Drv - Karel Ave
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Timeonabike

Postby Timeonabike » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:04 pm

I just took a look at the glossy videos related to the Roe 8 - appears to be lots of reasonable paths to be put in as part of this project. Southwest connect website has them.

Now I'm conflicted - I don't want the Roe 8, but I'll happily take the bike paths....

Cheers,

Time

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:34 pm

You'd need lots of new paths for the Roe 8 extension, it destroys a lot of quiet roads in that area and takes away a lot of choice in routes.

As to a path coming off Karel Ave south of the Roe I've often thought the same could be done, maybe not under the rail bridge as then you'd probably be given back that old path off Tulipwood that connected to the Kwinana PSP at that blind spot at the bottom of the hill from the bridge. Since there's lots of new housing development on the east side of the freeway between Roe and Berrigan a new path that came off Training Place and followed the east side of the freeway all the way down to Berrigan (or even Cockburn station) would do well for the new homes.

My usual run along the Roe is to however avoid the path west of Karel, I turn off the Roe at Dundee St, take the path along Dimond Crt and the golf course, watching out for roos, and do a dogleg on Karel quickly onto Farrington. Depends on what time and what traffic is like although generally I don't care, nobody wants this fat bastard coming through their windscreen.