Double G's on the Roe Hwy PSP

chuckchunder

Double G's on the Roe Hwy PSP

Postby chuckchunder » Sun May 03, 2015 8:59 pm

GG's have been present on the Orrong Rd path and verge for some time. Not surprisingly they are migrating to the Roe Hwy PSP. This appears to be being accelerated by the extensive use of trail bikes at least in the Welshpool/Beckenham/Thornlie/Langford sections. Infestations are becoming particularly bad alongside William St and just south of the Langford playing fields, with plant tendrils introducing thorns directly onto the shared path.

I have noticed that infestation along the Kwinana Fwy PSP between the Narrows and Canning Bridges appears to be being controlled, with either mechanical removal or spraying. Does anyone know who is undertaking this work? Is it Main Roads? Has anyone reported infestations to Main Roads and seen subsequent action, or been advised of action by Main Roads?
"We have thousands of miles of cycling infrastructure, we just need to get the cars off them....." US advocate

Grev

Re: Double G's on the Roe Hwy PSP

Postby Grev » Mon May 04, 2015 9:59 am

I have reported caltrop to Main Roads. There is however very strict demarcation between Main Roads and local government. In one case Main Roads were responsible for the medium strip but said local government was responsible for the verge beside the same road.

I have also removed plants myself but this means the infestation is not documented by the relevant authority.