Flying Machine bikes

ldrcycles

Re: Flying Machine bikes

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Surely it's not that difficult for the proprietor to just pop off an email here and there, especially when he already knows the damage it's doing to his reputation.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:33 pm

It's a common scenario for cottage industries to be overwhelmed by their very success.

Looking at that stunning paint job it's not hard to see why this might happen.

Several of the cottage industry bike packing bag makers I've tried to order from have simply closed their order books.

Others have stopped doing custom orders and moved to standardised production.

If you are working day and night to deliver orders it's not so surprising that there is little time to answer emails.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

t_f

Postby t_f » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:08 pm

Their instagram got renamed to Plane Frameworks and got active after a long long time, now positioned as carbon frame manufacturers. Perhaps an attempt to re-set the brand. Same physical address: https://www.planeframeworks.com.au/contact/

Ant_S

Postby Ant_S » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 pm

^ I thought of this topic as I saw this too. It came through my Facebook feed, one of the Perth wheel builder pages I follow (Melody Wheels I think?) linked to an article talking about how they're making custom carbon frames and basically saying its good to see Perth producing some quality products etc.

It does seem odd that this is the third different name they're working under. Maybe the guy needs a PR / Comms person?

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:01 pm

I'm guessing they're a victim of their own success/demand and have been stuck in the territory of not enough staff to keep up with production demand, but not enough cashflow to hire more staff....rinse, repeat....
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

XIX

Postby XIX » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:09 pm

It is a common problem that someone who is highly competent at a particular trade or skill set, is the exact opposite as a business person.

Running a business is a skill in itself, but many people think that it will run itself while they focus on the 'work'. It doesn't and this is usually the outcome.