Color anodizing in Perth

tallywhacker

Color anodizing in Perth

Postby tallywhacker » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:55 pm

does anyone know of a company in Perth that does color anodizing ? Its for a set of cranks

HappyHumber

Re: Color anodizing in Perth

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:07 pm

I had some stuff done on recommendation from Georges Bike Shop in Willeton at a mob in Osborne Park called Anomed Industies.
Primarily wanted some silver calipers redone in black, but gave them a small collection of other parts at the time time more just out of curiosity.

I was happy enough with the finish of the brakes at the time, some of the other parts not so much. If some of the stuff Fyxomatosis has done and photographs is anything to go by, there are high standards out there. I never sanded back or prepped the stuff I took in to Anomed, so I can't really blame them. If I did it again, I'd research a bit more prep and talk to the guys a bit more first.

[edit: small typo]
Last edited by HappyHumber on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Gun shops (including pawnbrokers dealing in firearms) may sell you a DIY anodising kit, as long as you want black. There's a hobby metalworking group in Perth with members who do their own anodising, if you know someone with a lathe they may know someone who might do it for you. A good use for old fishtanks.

mentat6059

Postby mentat6059 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for that hh, I'll give them a call. Looked into diy but the setup cost would have been more than what I expect the cost would be to have it done professionally.