Perth Cycling Couriers/Messengers

Umberto

Perth Cycling Couriers/Messengers

Postby Umberto » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello, I'm really interested in becoming a bike messenger, but I'm struggling to find any information about bike messengers in Perth, so It would be very helpful if anyone could give any info about it. Or if you work as a bike messenger and you know your association is hiring I would love to join. Thank you!

cj7hawk

Re: Perth Cycling Couriers/Messengers

Postby cj7hawk » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm

http://www.onehourdelivery.com.au/perth-bike-courier/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards
David

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:25 pm

http://www.fastacouriers.com.au/fast-tr ... ers-fleet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And another - quite a few if you google them -

I'd suggest cold-calling all the courier companies you can find - Always the best way to find work in that kind of area...

Otherwise, just try riding through Perth around Midday when they are likely to take a break - they usually pick the same spots and will be easy to find - out of the place ways, where they can put their bike up against a wall with some trees for shade, and somewhere to sit that doesn't involve buying food.

Sorry I can't help much beyond that -

Regards
David

mount_street

Postby mount_street » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:56 pm

cj7hawk wrote:Otherwise, just try riding through Perth around Midday when they are likely to take a break - they usually pick the same spots and will be easy to find - out of the place ways, where they can put their bike up against a wall with some trees for shade, and somewhere to sit that doesn't involve buying food.
There often seems to be quite a few guys hanging out with their bikes by the tree on the corner of Hay St and King St (opposite His Maj), not sure if they're messengers but could be worth a shot.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 pm

cj7hawk wrote:just try riding through Perth around Midday when they are likely to take a break - they usually pick the same spots
+plenty. Try King St at His Majesty's Theatre. Usually a few there at any point in the day. Some have 'tude, some are pretty cool.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:29 pm

Thoglette wrote:Some have 'tude, some are pretty cool.
Wow, just like people eh? :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Almost, MB, almost. They are bike couriers ....

:)
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....