Moped on PSP south

Rex

Moped on PSP south

Postby Rex » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Last 2 days there has been a moped with 2 young juveniles onboard riding along the Kwinana Fwy PSP.
I passed them on monday in Bateman just north of South St at around 4:40pm and yesterday at the RoeHwy loop they came up behind me and attempted to kick me closer to 5pm. They took a good long hard look at me as they rode past which gave me the impression they were looking for someone perhaps.

Another cyclist on monday said he was pushed off the path and called the police.

The below footage of both of my incidents have been sent to Cockburn Police via Twitter.

Be careful out there, these two are dangerous.

jcdewit

Re: Moped on PSP south

Postby jcdewit » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:50 pm

They look like the couple who overtook me on the PSP at Maylands, going East. That must have been around 17:30.
They were going at quite a speed, overtook me narrowly, and there were several other bicycles on the path. Scary.

mount_street

Postby mount_street » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Looks like I saw the same two in the city at about 17:15 on Monday cutting across traffic entering the freeway on-ramp by the convention centre.

SquareWheels

Postby SquareWheels » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:47 pm

yes I encountered them yesterday as well. I was heading south and had just come off of Mt Henry bridge. They were heading north. Was probably about 5:15 or so making it in line with your encounter Rex.
I gave the hand up to say "what the" got a F#*K off in return, which I returned.
I got hit by a car that failed to give way once - it really hurt

Hugor

Postby Hugor » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:57 pm

No plates or helmets by the look of things?

jlh

Postby jlh » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:57 am

Id give them a closeline

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 am

I lined up a couple of kids on a moped with the chain wheel of my recumbent a couple of years ago. Ran them off the PSP and into the sand. Could have been the same guys, but it was a while ago now.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

NewStew

Postby NewStew » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:27 am

Saw them on the PSP by East Perth train station coming in from Mt Lawley on Tuesday about 4:45 or so.... went flying past me screamed in my ear trying to put me off, then proceeded to pass other cyclists kicking at them and swinging at them in an attempt to cause an accident. Flew around the corner almost cleaning someone up and headed over the bridge at Claisebrook station and on towards Northbridge. Put the hammer down and tried to catch them (with a foolish plan of ripping them off the Moped at speed and giving them some old fashioned parenting) but lets face it petrol is stronger in the long run than legs.

We should probably get organised and make multiple related reports to police as it wont be long before they are causing accidents, and bad ones at that.

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Likely relevant?

https://www.facebook.com/wapolsmetro/po ... 5910687996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*** BAG SNATCHES *** ...... Applecross, Mount Pleasant area...

Does anyone recognise the person in the below image who may be able to assist police with a recent spate of Robberies in the Applecross / Mt Pleasant / Bateman area's?

Fremantle Detectives are investigating a number of cases including a 72 year old who's bag was snatched from her.

It's believed 2 males are riding a motorised scooter (very similar to image below), approaching victim's on bike paths and stealing items from them before leaving the area.

In one of the incidents the use of a knife was theatened on a victim.

Please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or 131 444

The following report numbers relate;
020815 1245 14259, 030815 1726 15362, 040815 2110 14016.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Absolutely!

I believe we need to alert the police to this thread, and owners of the footage and images above should hand over the data if possible.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

mount_street

Postby mount_street » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:00 am

Good spotting! I just sent my footage and this page to Crime Stoppers.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:54 am

NewStew wrote:Saw them on the PSP by East Perth train station coming in from Mt Lawley on Tuesday about 4:45 or so.... went flying past me screamed in my ear trying to put me off, then proceeded to pass other cyclists kicking at them and swinging at them in an attempt to cause an accident. Flew around the corner almost cleaning someone up and headed over the bridge at Claisebrook station and on towards Northbridge. Put the hammer down and tried to catch them (with a foolish plan of ripping them off the Moped at speed and giving them some old fashioned parenting) but lets face it petrol is stronger in the long run than legs.

We should probably get organised and make multiple related reports to police as it wont be long before they are causing accidents, and bad ones at that.
Yes guys. All you you are reporting here should also put a report into the police and ensure that these guys are taken seriously. Perhaps you can PM the OP for his incident number to ensure that they are linked in the minds of Mr Plod.

Has anyone got any video from a rear-facing camera? I am sure the police would like to see it even if they were not subjecting you to any threats at the time.

Seriously.
Last edited by ColinOldnCranky on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:08 am

The old cliché "crime does not pay" is an danlwasy has been a furphy. Unfortunately it DOES pay. But it's like every other vocation, you have to good (ie smart) about it.

The reason that it does not pay for so many criminals is that they are the wrong people to be doing it. These guys are classic wrong-vocational-choice crims. London to a brick that they will be caught and fairly soon at that. I can't wait to gloat. :twisted:

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:22 am

It's also been taken up on the Rockingham Community Crime Watch page including Police report numbers:

South Metro District - WA Police's photo.

South Metro District - WA Police added 2 new photos.

*** BAG SNATCHES *** ...... Applecross, Mount Pleasant area...

Does anyone recognise the person in the below image who may be able to assist police with a recent spate of Robberies in the Applecross / Mt Pleasant / Bateman area's?

Fremantle Detectives are investigating a number of cases including a 72 year old who's bag was snatched from her.

It's believed 2 males are riding a motorised scooter (very similar to image below), approaching victim's on bike paths and stealing items from them before leaving the area.

In one of the incidents the use of a knife was theatened on a victim.

Please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or 131 444

The following report numbers relate;
020815 1245 14259, 030815 1726 15362, 040815 2110 14016.

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Pity the police only give 2 stuffs about this sort of thing when a granny gets robbed, but not when (apparently) the same guys were trying to run cyclists off the path and generally attempting to assault them

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:50 pm

They might give a stuff when a brick is hurled at the oxygen thieves.

What is the best method for carrying a house brick on a bike anyway?

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:55 pm

dmwill wrote:They might give a stuff when a brick is hurled at the oxygen thieves.

What is the best method for carrying a house brick on a bike anyway?
In a sock, cable tied to the top tube

tomness

Postby tomness » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:43 pm

dmwill wrote: What is the best method for carrying a house brick on a bike anyway?

Just fill an old Bidon with concrete. Then you can carry it in your bidon cage, for easy access. :twisted:

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:41 am

tomness wrote:
dmwill wrote: What is the best method for carrying a house brick on a bike anyway?

Just fill an old Bidon with concrete. Then you can carry it in your bidon cage, for easy access. :twisted:
I prefer a liberal blast of hair spray. They get to blink their eyelids closed only once and after that they are riding blind. :twisted:

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:23 am

I don,t know what power they are using, but here in holland these small mopeds are ok up to 25 klm and no helmet required...and they share the bike paths with no problem.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 am

outnabike wrote:I don,t know what power they are using, but here in holland these small mopeds are ok up to 25 klm and no helmet required...and they share the bike paths with no problem.
That would be quite a reasonable vehicle here also - Especially so if there was an age limit on use. 25km/h would be a very reasonable slow-transport speed to get around.

To this extent, having 25 kph road lanes would also be a good idea.

Anyway, back to the original post - did anyone actually make a report on this to Police?

Thanks
David

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:24 pm

tomness wrote:

Pretty sure just full of water would work well enough, or perhaps a readily available yellow liquid, but be careful which one you drink from.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

SNAKE ®

Postby SNAKE ® » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Busted.
2011 CANNONDALE SUPERSIX SUPER RECORD TEAM LIQUIGAS
2013 CANNONDALE SLICE RS BLACK Inc
2013 CANNONDALE SCALPEL 29ER CARBON 1

matthecat

Postby matthecat » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:21 am

They are multiplying!
On Friday (approx 3.30pm) 2 x mopeds (each with a pillion passenger) went past me between East Perth & Mt Lawley stations - heading towards Midland - on the PSP.
Not sure if they were trying to push me off my bike or were tring to tear my backpack off me as they went past but beware.

Edit : Spelling

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Just to ask, can everyone who made a report please add it to this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=85675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A single report can be ignored, but if we can show that police are ignoring our concerns wholesale, we have a better chance of forcing them to address it, and making sure it's taken on at a high-enough level.

Thanks
David