Baldivis Rides

Weedgie Craig

Baldivis Rides

Postby Weedgie Craig » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi

New to Australia and to this forum. I have recently relocated to WA from Scotland...back in the motherland I spent the last few years training for and taking part in Ironman triathlon....my favourite discipline was always the bike and now that I am here in Australia I am keen to get out on the bike as much as possible. I currently commute to work 3 times a week (circa 200k) and I ride at least one day at the weekend.

I am currently based in Baldivis and it would good to meet up with some liked minded roadies who were interested in hooking up for some longer rides at the weekend (looking to get up into the hills) ...etc

Hopefully some of the guys who I have seen out and about on the local roads read this forum and wouldn't mind having another person tag along for the ride!

Cheers

Craig

nickobec

Re: Baldivis Rides

Postby nickobec » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:01 am

I am just down the road in Kwinana

Saturday Morning shop rides from Rockingham
Avanti Plus usually has two different groups a 40km medium pace and 60km fast pace group leaving at 7am
KD cycles also has a group ride, about the same time, it is a little longer.

There are usually one or two Sunday rides into the hills organised by individuals at the Avanti Plus rides

Peel Districts Cycling Club http://pdcc.asn.au has races most weekends, currently road race season so Saturday afternoon, usually at circuits in Baldivis (Dog Hill, hill by name only, very flat), Casuarina and Serpentine.

If over 35, West Coast Masters wcmasterscycling.asn.au race almost every weekend, and make use of Dog Hill and Casuarina courses as well as a few up north on Sunday mornings.

There are a couple of mid week organised rides and some not so organised ones, depending on your working days/hours.

There is also a Rockingham Tri club, but I know little about them, can't swim, don't want to run and only want to ride.

The is a Baldivis ride group on Facebook, but it is fairly quiet https://www.facebook.com/groups/207259259480580/

Best advice join the Friends of Peel District on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/214896965270329/ ask the same question there, stating days/times you want to ride.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:30 pm

There is at least one rider (Martin), if not more who rides from Baldivis to the Avanti Plus ride each week.

Martin usually does hills rides on Sunday, he will probably answer you post on either of the facebook pages (Friends of PEel or Baldivis Group Rides)

Weedgie Craig

Postby Weedgie Craig » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey nickobec

Thanks for the info...I don't do Facebook...but hopefully will get a chance to meet up with some of the Baldivis guys at the weekend as I think I will be heading along to the Avanti ride

lynskey_rider

Postby lynskey_rider » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:36 am

Hi mate, a couple of us ride from Baldivis every Sunday morning up to Cottesloe and back. Usually 120-140km depending on which way we go home. Shoot me a message if you want some more info

Weedgie Craig

Postby Weedgie Craig » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:10 pm

Lynskey....sent you a PM mate (I think) my email is imcraiga3@gmail.com if you want to drop me a message

thestaph

Postby thestaph » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:21 am

Hi all

Sorry to hijack the thread but would someone be able to provide an update re the status of the PSP south of Baldivis? I'd heard that it was under repair with a couple of diversions in place- is this work complete?

Many thanks

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:37 am

thestaph wrote:Hi all
Sorry to hijack the thread but would someone be able to provide an update re the status of the PSP south of Baldivis? I'd heard that it was under repair with a couple of diversions in place- is this work complete?
Rode from Walley Bridge to Paganoni Road and return on Sunday. There is a 1.2km detour in what was the emergency lane of the freeway between Mudijong/ Kulija Road and Safety Bay Road. It looks like they are building a servo there.

There are "Cyclist Dismount", Detour and 60kph speed limit signs, no idea why the dismount signs are there and what purpose they serve. Actual detour is OK, barricaded all the way on the freeway side and wire fences on the right. The northbound lane surface does not exist in a couple of places, so you need to be aware of that. Saw no evidence of building or vehicles crossing the detour to get to the building site, but it was Sunday.

jlh

Postby jlh » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Sorry to hijack a hijack, but nick when are you planning to blog some more? I enjoy reading your posts.