North Lake

Timeonabike

North Lake

Postby Timeonabike » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:32 pm

After riding around Bibra Lake a few times recently, I thought I'd go around North Lake the other night.
After all, there was a path shown on the 'net.

Turns out it's a defunct ex bike track or such, in need of lots of repair, and not the kind to be exploring at night for the first time.

Anyway, lovely scenery (STOP ROE 8!) and one to add to the ever expanding list of bike infrastructure needing installation or upgrade.

Cheers,

Time

just4tehhalibut

Re: North Lake

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:54 pm

You can use cement paths all the way around North Lake, you just have to cross the roads a few times to do so. The path on the west side (Progress Dr) heading south, cross Hope Rd and use the path along Bibra Lake east then use the path on the west of Bibra Dr north up to the lights at Farrington, cross there to the path west past Murdoch along Farrington (and watch that entrance halfway along where the Baptists colleges are, cars cut in and out like it's the pit lane on a formula 1 track) then cross Farrington again at Progress Dr.

For a bit of variety there's a path on the south side of Farrington after Progress that'll connect you with a new path going south along North Lake Rd, and an old path near Masefield Ave at the top of the hill along that stretch that'll drop you back to the roundabout of Progress and Hope. If you haven't used this bit hurry then as it'll be torn up when Roe 8 gets bulldozed through.

And I noticed the magpies getting ready to nest right above the main carparks on Progress Dr, Bibra Lake. So you'll have training buddies pretty soon.

Timeonabike

Re: North Lake

Postby Timeonabike » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 am

I know the cement paths you mention, just the whole thing about having to cross roads get on my nerves. Maybe time for me to get an MTB to enjoy this inner path around Nth lake.
New path also just been put on to a bit of Bibra drive, a bit of an extension to the nice new Nth lake rd path - is this what you speak of? It has a bit of a silly way to get back on to the road to continue along Bibra drive paint stripe unfortunately, but maybe it's just unfinished.
Looking forward to the Magpies - extra incentive to pedal faster.
Roe 8 would buy a lot of new bike tracks, mind you they'd probably have tolls on them.

Cheers,

Time