I don't know who you are, but thanks -

cj7hawk

I don't know who you are, but thanks -

Postby cj7hawk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:51 am

So on Tuesday, I broke down on the Midland line PSP. A bolt came out my pannier rack and the pannier dropped into my wheel and got ripped up - and there was no way to safely ride home like that ( well, I maybe could have disassembled the part ) - Anyway, I had tools and heavy duty cable ties, so I was right, but this guy came along ( face not shown ) and asked if I was alright and checked if I needed any help -

So I just wanted to say thanks for stopping - Even if I was OK, it was really re-assuring to know that someone was willing to help me otherwise -

I have no idea if they follow this forum ( they most likely don't ) but I think it's worth posting anyway -

:D

Regards
David

muchirigateri

Re: I don't know who you are, but thanks -

Postby muchirigateri » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:47 pm

good people still exist.. #PayItForward

lunar_c

Postby lunar_c » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:22 pm

I do for this everyone I see stopped on the PSP and encourage all others to slow down and ask if they've got everything they need .. Tubes etc. Once a middle aged lady stopped and leant me her pump as I'd run out of co2.. Paying it forward ever since :)

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:25 pm

I go as far as keeping a spare tube and hand pump in the car just incase I come across someone stranded.

Spoked

Postby Spoked » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 pm

I have given away more tubes than I have used myself over the past 10 years since I took up riding. I always carry a spare and a repair kit. I always stop and check if a rider is OK and has all that they need to effect a repair. At times I have done the repair for them when they are not up to speed with the technique for changing tubes or repairing punctures. I hope someday when I need it someone will stop to help me.

lunar_c

Postby lunar_c » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Sounds like we're an RAC patrol for cyclists :)

In all seriousness though, there are good people out there and I like to things us cyclists are a decent bunch and our common interest fosters a sense of community among us.

Keep up the good work fellas.

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:55 am

I had a sit in the shade in the vicinity of the bottom of Reabold Hill a couple of weeks ago on a warmish day... bloke rode by and checked on me. I was a bit surprised and then it dawned on me that I've done the same. We're part of a community that cares for it's parts! It's the way peeps

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:13 pm

One of the great things about travelling in rural/remote WA is how people will check to see if you're OK - I'm glad there is still a bit of that in the cycling community too :)

dino1969

Postby dino1969 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:24 pm

lunar_c wrote:Sounds like we're an RAC patrol for cyclists :)

In all seriousness though, there are good people out there and I like to things us cyclists are a decent bunch and our common interest fosters a sense of community among us.

Keep up the good work fellas.
+1
"To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first." - William Shakespeare

jlh

Postby jlh » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Kudos to that guy

방구 똥

Postby 방구 똥 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:24 pm

RobertFrith wrote:I had a sit in the shade in the vicinity of the bottom of Reabold Hill a couple of weeks ago on a warmish day... bloke rode by and checked on me. I was a bit surprised and then it dawned on me that I've done the same. We're part of a community that cares for it's parts! It's the way peeps
Your name looks familiar, I think I saw a photograph with your name associated, are you a photographer? :D