Bike fit, NOR

worzel

Bike fit, NOR

Postby worzel » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:15 am

Ok, so I need to get a proper bike fit. The penny just dropped that a bunch of niggles I have been carrying for ever and putting down to just getting old are probably all symptoms of bike fit. A session tonight with the physio revealed ITB issues to go with perpetual sore knees, stiff shoulders and a bad back on very long rides. Riding round the LBS car park isn't going to cut it anymore. So can you recommend somewhere to get a thorough professional fit, ideally in the Joondalup region, please?

Chef

Re: Bike fit, NOR

Postby Chef » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:23 am

PIH sport are worth talking to (Balcatta) - http://www.pihc.com.au

MCHammer

Postby MCHammer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:39 am

Gary Suckling will come and do it at your place. Years of racing knowledge and experience and very thorough.
garysuckling.com.au
If you want a Retul fit Henry Morley at Ride Advice in Milligan St in the city or Chris Beeck at TBE Belmont are two excellent options.

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Depneds what you are wanting. A shop bike fit is OK, and Gary certainly knows what he is doing.

After buying from Gary and getting the initial bike fit + 2 more minor adjustments still wasn't sure I had it right.

Went to Greg at Horizon Physio. He made some further (significant in the case of foot position) adjustments and I've been very happy since. :D
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

dino1969

Postby dino1969 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:11 pm

flashpixx wrote:Depneds what you are wanting. A shop bike fit is OK, and Gary certainly knows what he is doing.

After buying from Gary and getting the initial bike fit + 2 more minor adjustments still wasn't sure I had it right.

Went to Greg at Horizon Physio. He made some further (significant in the case of foot position) adjustments and I've been very happy since. :D
+1 for Greg at Horizon Physio
"To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first." - William Shakespeare

northboy

Postby northboy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:19 pm

al from Al's Cycle Surgery in Heathridge..

gazman

Postby gazman » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:00 pm

+2 for Greg at Horizon Physio

worzel

Postby worzel » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:06 pm

So I finally got round to seeing Greg at Horizon this week. we didn't have the best start re shoes. I have 4x wide feet and have bought over-size shoes to compensate which meant it was not possible to adjust the cleats far enough back. He did put a little insert between shoe and cleat to compensate for my wonky foot which should solve my ITB issues. He also made a few adjustments in saddle height / position which take a lot of pressure off my shoulders. My geometry was measured with plumb lines, set squares etc and that bit came out just about spot on. Let's see how I go after getting a few kms under my belt, but so far I am impressed. Thanks for the recommendations.