HTFU

NASHIE

HTFU

Postby NASHIE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:41 pm

I was run of the bike path today near Collier Rd/Guildford Rd by rider/riders from the HTFU ? bike group. I had two choses -1 hit you front-on or 2 ditch into the sand/fence. Lucky for you i chose the second option. The really disappointing part for me is that none of you turned around to check if i was ok :evil:. The really really !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! bit is when i checked my bike brushed myself off turned around and caught up to you........still no one could say sorry mate. Guys like you !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! it up for everyone else that use bike paths in WA. If you read this you all well know how pissed off i was, but all you could give was a blank look and giggle at me shouting at you .....you guys suck

AlexHuggs

Re: HTFU

Postby AlexHuggs » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:11 pm

I like to think I'd go all kamakaze in that situation. But you did the smart thing instead.

softy

Postby softy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:21 pm

I have seen this group around, but not seen anything inappropriate.

i do think this is just the attitude of a large majority, not just a few cyclists.

one thing i see so often is cyclists and vehicles straight lining a corner, why would you move to the wrong side to save a few seconds, but risk a head on....

Of course the odds are in your favour, as it is mostly unlikely, but then it only has to happen once, and it will end in tears.

The example above shows ride defensively, no Strava or fast time or hanging on the wheel is worth injury or a broken carbon frame.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:00 pm

AlexHuggs wrote:I like to think I'd go all kamakaze in that situation. But you did the smart thing instead.
I usually never yeld for groups that stray, but i didn't feel like a trip to emergency today. The group were overtaking a couple of blind assisted tandem riders on a bend. The front riders were quick to wave the following riders across but being on a bend their tailing buddies had no hope. I can handle a bike and if there was room to keep on the black stuff i would off but this dick was almost on my edge solid white line. Things happen i can understand that, but to not stop and check and apologise is what has me really seeing red. I was at the end of a hard 80k ride and to have to chase them down to give them a second chance to apologise without zip is just poor poor form in my book. If i had of been a kid or elderly cyclist you guys could have caused serious injury to them. Its a small cycling world my friends so i WILL see you again on the road so best HTFU

billy70

Postby billy70 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:34 pm

A popular group that I've seen out and about a lot with never an issue. Sure, a bit of testosterone flying around but apparently no more or less than others groups of blokes. However, to not demonstrate care and to reject the chance to make amends does not show those particular individuals in a good light (I believe this is about individuals rather than the group).

Along similar lines, there was one individual in my group this morning that transgressed upon two unrelated riders. They didn't see it but he straight away got a fair old tuning by the rest of us as he did not comply with our group rules of behaviour. It would be reasonable to expect that the two other riders could label the whole group as miscreants, but it would indeed be unfair. He was an individual that made a poor choice and was reprimanded accordingly.

I wonder if there's a group leader or contact point for HTFU. I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback about members of their group.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:26 pm

billy70 I'm sure your group and most groups would of stopped and checked if the said 2 riders had fallen etc due to your riders actions. Yes it was the individuals fault and will give the leading riders the benefit of the doubt that they did not know what occurred, so me catching them and venting was a Say What moment. At least 2-3 riders knew i left the path and hit the fence, if not they are blind and deaf.

Would love to hear meet point/time etc of this group so i catch up and get an explanation.

I try to avoid riding on PSPs and its increasingly not a safe place to ride due to lack of very basic common sense and awareness of other path users

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:49 pm

They are on Strava

https://www.strava.com/clubs/HTFUClub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:55 am

Right turn coming up in 5 km? Perhaps now is the time to indicate Nashie.... :twisted:

I'm sure that would have solved this issue.

And if they didn't move, then just hang them out to dry on the clothesline :lol:

David

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:07 am

No rides recorded for Friday by any members on that group that I could see.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:56 pm

If there was room or time David. I was heading east into the left right combo about 100m before the Collier Rd crossing .....didnt make the right.

Might be a reason for that TG although i don't know how stava works. The group had black jerseys colour down the side and HTFU in bold white across the back. Maybe you can buy HTFU jerseys ? and its not the group but just a few guys with same jersey ? not sure. Not a fan of cameras etc, but would off loved one in this instance.

Anyway did 80k today down around coast and back about 70/30 road/PSP and groups /riders rode well, stopped at traffic lights, friendly etc so was good see after Fridays incident.

SoRCommute

Postby SoRCommute » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:25 pm

trailgumby wrote:No rides recorded for Friday by any members on that group that I could see.
That would be the day it was raining. How ironic for a group with that name!

IncognitoMosquito

Postby IncognitoMosquito » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:56 pm

SoRCommute wrote:
trailgumby wrote:No rides recorded for Friday by any members on that group that I could see.
That would be the day it was raining. How ironic for a group with that name!
I think it rained Saturday. But Friday was pretty windy and hot and hardened me up to the point of melting. Not many with or without the HTFU jerseys out and about that I came across.

I have encountered these guys heading north on the PSP near Canning Bridge and had cause to invoke the second word of their moniker also several times.

방구 똥

Postby 방구 똥 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:20 pm

When I see the words HTFU.
I think of an acronym which contains the F-word.
Am I dirty, or do others see the same?

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:34 pm

방구 똥 wrote:When I see the words HTFU.
I think of an acronym which contains the F-word.
Am I dirty, or do others see the same?
That's exactly what it stands for -

Regards
David

billy70

Postby billy70 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm intrigued as to other possible interpretations, please do tell.

kb

Postby kb » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:09 am

billy70 wrote:I'm intrigued as to other possible interpretations, please do tell.
Here's
To
Further
Understanding
;-)