Shocking road rage incident shows WA cyclist attacked by knife wielding driver

silentC

Re: Shocking road rage incident shows WA cyclist attacked by knife wielding driver

Postby silentC » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:16 pm

it'd not be in the least surprising if he was secretly thrilled to be gifted the opportunity to unleash some self-righteous indignation
Yeah I'll bet he was real thrilled to have a guy leap out of his car and brandish a knife at him, god knows I look forward to random threats of violence to make a dull day interesting...
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

Mububban

Re: Shocking road rage incident shows WA cyclist attacked by knife wielding driver

Postby Mububban » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:23 pm

wexford wrote: He should have just claimed the lane early and safely, and be done with it. If the driver was desperate to get in front to force himself through, there'll have been plenty of space for the rider to evade without needing to escalate the situation. It's unfortunate but it's the reality of things.
I hug the kerb as much as possible but on approaching a roundabout I swing out about a third of the way or sometimes right into the middle of the lane if I know a car is (a safe distance) behind me so they don't try to cut past me in the roundabout. I started doing this after way too many close calls where a driver had decided to squeeze past me through the roundabout as I stayed left. Then stick left as I exit the roundabout.

No road rage due to it yet, not that there needs to be a "valid" reason for it to happen.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

softy

Postby softy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Roundabouts and refuges are a real problem because most motorists want to get round you before they get held up.

I have seen motorists on a number of occasions drive up the wrong side of the road to get round a 10m refuge that a bicycle is approaching. just can't wait.

I think this incident was similar, the vehicle wanted to enter the roundabout first to prevent being held up. then he chucked a sadie. It doesn't look like he touched his car in the video as there was no moment when the car came close. but who knows?

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:06 am

softy wrote:Roundabouts and refuges are a real problem because most motorists want to get round you before they get held up.

I have seen motorists on a number of occasions drive up the wrong side of the road to get round a 10m refuge that a bicycle is approaching. just can't wait.

I think this incident was similar, the vehicle wanted to enter the roundabout first to prevent being held up. then he chucked a sadie. It doesn't look like he touched his car in the video as there was no moment when the car came close. but who knows?
The car looked like it might have come into contact with the rider as they went through the roundabout. It was certainly close enough for contact -

David

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Troy C wrote:I looked at his you-tube channel
He finds himself in a lot of situations both in a car and bike.
mmmmmmmmm
I assume you're thinking that maybe he's doing something to attract that kind of attention. You do realise a lot of those videos are not his own?

Also, would you then suspect Bianchicam of similar bully-attracting behaviour?

Seems a lot like victim blaming to me. Maybe - like some of us - he's just not prepared to simply roll with it any more and instead has the courage to call out !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! behaviour for what it is.

softy

Postby softy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:47 pm

no one just riding a bike attracts a knife attract!

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 am

softy wrote:no one just riding a bike attracts a knife attract!
I don't know about that - I seem to attract a lot of car-based attacks, and I'd personally consider a car swerving towards me as a lot more of a threat to my life than a knife being held at a distance.

I've also had people get out of their cars to attack me, and one was holding something in his hand, though I never saw what it was.

I'd say that riding a bike in a city full of drug-addicted miners driving cars is all it takes to attract an attack with all kinds of weapons.

But I would say that there's no valid reason for a person riding a bicycle, no matter how poorly they are riding it, to attract any kind of attack by motorists.

David

방구 똥

Postby 방구 똥 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:15 am

I don't experience hostilities but my friend gets shouted at.
I've ridden with him and see no reason why they'd shout at him.
I think they don't like his face.
I don't think he's bad looking though.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:38 pm

cj7hawk wrote:But I would say that there's no valid reason for a person riding a bicycle, no matter how poorly they are riding it, to attract any kind of attack by motorists.
Unfortunately, sections of our media actively promote disdain of cyclists and promote violence against cyclists.

To name a few
Magda Szubanski & Julie Morris (Good News Week 2009 - Series 2, Ep 28, part 3)
Derrin Hinch (thanks for "cockroaches on wheels")
the nameless editors of "The Daily Telegraph"

Paul Barry did a quick summary in July 2014 on Media Watch. You can read the transcript here which has links to some of the more blatant items
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

redned

Postby redned » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:33 pm

cj7hawk wrote:
I'd say that riding a bike in a city full of drug-addicted miners driving cars is all it takes to attract an attack with all kinds of weapons.
And you know they are drug addicted miners because...?

방구 똥

Postby 방구 똥 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:46 pm

redned wrote:
cj7hawk wrote:
And you know they are drug addicted miners because...?
Maybe he meant minors.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:49 pm

I think the rider might treat a similar situation differently next time. I certainly wouldn't be playing chicken with a 2 ton 4wd into a round-a-bout.

Miners or minors, whatever........ you can see these wound-up, drug affected drivers bouncing around behind the wheel. Friend just had his front brick wall flattened by a 4WD....... driver has no insurance .........dead straight bit of road :roll:

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:10 pm

crazioldjane wrote:Yep.. the old i will try to overtake you on the approach to a roundabout thing... as usual the penalty didn,t fit the crime .. :shock:

BUT he did look like an absolute dick splattered all over the news doing that silly knife in hand stance ...it is something that will haunt him forever :roll:
But who is he?

crazioldjane

Postby crazioldjane » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 pm

He knows who he is and so does everyone around him.....the silly way he reacted and just how silly and stupid he looked... stance and grimace wise ... it will haunt him always and you can be sure his friends will always be using it in having a laugh at him.... hey hang on ... when i freeze frame it he does look suspiciously like you david :lol:
" faith is the substance of things hoped for..the evidence of things not seen"

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:16 pm

crazioldjane wrote:the silly way he reacted and just how silly and stupid he looked... stance and grimace wise
He's was clearly watching too many action movies with cheesy fight scenes.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:55 pm

dmwill wrote:
crazioldjane wrote:the silly way he reacted and just how silly and stupid he looked... stance and grimace wise
He's was clearly watching too many action movies with cheesy fight scenes.
I feel a CR69WA versus Star Wars Kid remix is now necessary :lol: