Shocking road rage incident shows WA cyclist attacked by knife wielding driver

crazioldjane

Re: Shocking road rage incident shows WA cyclist attacked by knife wielding driver

Postby crazioldjane » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Yep.. the old i will try to overtake you on the approach to a roundabout thing... as usual the penalty didn,t fit the crime .. :shock:

BUT he did look like an absolute dick splattered all over the news doing that silly knife in hand stance ...it is something that will haunt him forever :roll:
Last edited by crazioldjane on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
" faith is the substance of things hoped for..the evidence of things not seen"

DavidS

Re: Shocking road rage incident shows WA cyclist attacked by knife wielding driver

Postby DavidS » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Driver clearly in the wrong, tries to squeeze the cyclist. Reporting of the incident doesn't really point this out.

Driver threatens cyclist with a knife, gets a rap over the knuckles.

Sad to say this doesn't surprise me these days.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Fools like this need to be publicly named and shamed.
Go!Run!GAH!

HenryCharlie

Postby HenryCharlie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:44 am

Cheesewheel wrote:Fools like this need to be publicly named and shamed.
Dangerous fools like that need to spend some time behind bars.
I overtook some people going uphill once.

NewStew

Postby NewStew » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 am

This is a disgusting display of the worst of human behavior and to think that threatening GBH is only a $1500 fine..... the mind boggles!

Roundabouts are probably one of the most dangerous places on a bike - even on roads where there is a bike lane the lane just deposits you at the roundabout and lets you fend for yourself. I am yet to see something decent done by a road engineer to accommodate biking through a roundabout.

방구 똥

Postby 방구 똥 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:28 am

So I can ride around with a knife and threaten drivers, and only get $1500 fine if caught?

Troy C

Postby Troy C » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:45 am

I looked at his you-tube channel
He finds himself in a lot of situations both in a car and bike.
mmmmmmmmm
Rota-M Cycling Team, Board Member of ATTA, Member of CWA, WCMCC

roller

Postby roller » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:58 am

방구 똥 wrote:So I can ride around with a knife and threaten drivers, and only get $1500 fine if caught?
I must be out of touch, but I think a small fine for threatening a stranger who couldn't possibly do you any harm with a knife is inadequate.
inflammatory statement or idea

Sinner

Postby Sinner » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 am

Why try and take a racing line on a roundabout when there's someone coming alongside? Lucky to stay on the bike. It could have been worse - the driver could have used the knife.

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:46 am

HenryCharlie wrote:
Cheesewheel wrote:Fools like this need to be publicly named and shamed.
Dangerous fools like that need to spend some time behind bars.
Since it's apparently already gone through legal proceedings that is not likely to happen.

What can happen however is that this idiot can be publicly named so he can face ramifications in his professional and social life.

I am thinking of a similar case in england about a year ago that involved that guy in the suv with the tight black jacket. Pretty sure it was the social media backlash that provided him with impetus to switch his brains on when he sits in the drivrrs seat..
Go!Run!GAH!

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:26 pm

So does anyone actually know who this idiot is?

That was a pretty poor response from police and I can't help but wonder if there's something missing from the story.

David.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Imagine having to explain to your kids/friends/family why you're going to jail.

"Daddy, why do you have to go to jail?"
"I got impatient and didn't want to wait 3 extra seconds, I came close to killing the person who slowed me down once, and I chose to stab them to death as I was worried about the paintjob on my car being scratched."

That's a pretty p!ss poor reason to spend years of your life behind bars.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Mububban wrote:Imagine having to explain to your kids/friends/family why you're going to jail.

"Daddy, why do you have to go to jail?"
"I got impatient and didn't want to wait 3 extra seconds, I came close to killing the person who slowed me down once, and I chose to stab them to death as I was worried about the paintjob on my car being scratched."

That's a pretty p!ss poor reason to spend years of your life behind bars.
Except the guy with a knife got off with just a $1500 fine for driving recklessly or something minor like that. The police didn't do anything about the assault or the knife.

For "Touching his car".... What an auto-retentive idiot.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Not nice at all, and doubt that was the first bike rider or motorist that he has threatened in such a way. Stay safe guys, sometimes its better to let things slide as there are some highly strung people on the roads.

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:20 pm

NASHIE wrote:Not nice at all, and doubt that was the first bike rider or motorist that he has threatened in such a way. Stay safe guys, sometimes its better to let things slide as there are some highly strung people on the roads.
+1... It always easier to ride away than to be carted away on a stretcher.

Grammar1

Postby Grammar1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:39 pm

There does seem to be something missing from the story - was it in Perth? Why the light fine? And does anyone know the perpetrator - I don't like the thought of him out and about in his large, tough (but don't touch it) off road vehicle

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:33 pm

So it was a dangerous pass, but I think it was unbelievably stupid of the cyclist to push off the car and then race on to claim the roundabout.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Grammar1 wrote:There does seem to be something missing from the story - was it in Perth?
Warnbro according to the better half.

Unless the rider wished to press for a charge of assault (per section 222 of the Criminal Code) the Plod will leave it at the weapons charge - it's hard to get a conviction under the "threat" clause without a willing witness.
Grammar1 wrote:I don't like the thought of him out and about in his large, tough (but don't touch it) off road vehicle
It's a common attitude from the coward-pass brigade.
They don't mind risking the car by driving too close and too fast but catch them at the next lights and all of a sudden they're all precious & protective about the slightest touch.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:26 pm

Looks more like a sailor's fid rather than a knife...yachties use them.

Might find this guy at a local sailing club perhaps?

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:07 pm

ft_critical wrote:So it was a dangerous pass, but I think it was unbelievably stupid of the cyclist to push off the car and then race on to claim the roundabout.
My take is that the cyclist reach to the close pass with a slap on the truck, which then braked allowing the cyclist to use his momentum to pass.

maybe the driver deliberately passed due to some perceived sense of teaching the rider a lesson, but it went a bit wrong when the pesky two wheeler tried fighting back and to damage his precious three tonne tank. It certainly seems that there was some pre-formed aggro against cyclists.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

StevOz

Postby StevOz » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, whenever I approach a roundabout I take the middle of lane as soon as practicable whilst looking back well before that in my rear vision mirror...

Though yes that $1500 fine should have been paid to the cyclist.... not consolidated revenue..

chriso_29er

Postby chriso_29er » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Nice meth face.
What a moron

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:50 pm

chriso_29er wrote:Nice meth face.
What a moron
Indeed. The red complexion is a dead giveaway. He's on a one way trip to losing everything, and then his life.

4 Corners doco from 2006. Warning: explicit drug use depicted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKst8BaPbc

wexford

Postby wexford » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Troy C wrote:I looked at his you-tube channel
He finds himself in a lot of situations both in a car and bike.
mmmmmmmmm
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. No doubt the driver is a tool, but the cyclist was armed to the teeth with cameras and lights and other "defensive" artefacts, so it'd not be in the least surprising if he was secretly thrilled to be gifted the opportunity to unleash some self-righteous indignation.

He should have just claimed the lane early and safely, and be done with it. If the driver was desperate to get in front to force himself through, there'll have been plenty of space for the rider to evade without needing to escalate the situation. It's unfortunate but it's the reality of things.