Shared path flooding towards Windan Bridge

kellery82

Shared path flooding towards Windan Bridge

Postby kellery82 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:16 am

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever reported the issue of the Shared Path flooding when raining towards Windan Bridge (past the new stadium) to the Town of Victoria Park?

For as long as I can remember every winter, the path seems to flood after a bit of rain and this morning it was quite deep and is such a hazard to have to ride through. I'm sure that the Town of Victoria Park (if they are responsible) would be aware of this?

I sent them a query on it last week and have not heard anything back, but will keep on them about it. It is such a hazard for pedestrians and cyclists in my opinion.

Regards,

Kristopher

roller

Re: Shared path flooding towards Windan Bridge

Postby roller » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:11 am

agreed, it's a pain, it can be completely dry everywhere else but through there you know to expect a couple of sections that are about 10-20cm under water.

thanks for reporting it.
inflammatory statement or idea

wexford

Re: Shared path flooding towards Windan Bridge

Postby wexford » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:52 pm

The "this area prone to flooding" warning sign (which, come to think of it, I've not noticed in a while - is it still there?) suggests they've long been aware of it so I just sucked it up and gone through carefully, including this morning. It's definitely a pain but I wouldn't call it a hazard.

I wonder if the Stadium build might result in some separated path along there like we have around South Perth. Now that would be nice!