DIY Workshop in Perth

mitzikatzi

DIY Workshop in Perth

Postby mitzikatzi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 pm

I just saw this elsewhere
A heads up to all the DIY guys out there. A Swiss dude called Victor has opened a workshop in North Perth. Full Park Tools suit and wheel building station. If you join the workshop you have full access to the workshop to work on your bike. I've seen this concept overseas (is there one in Fremantle?). He also has a retail side and a coffee shop next door. A little focused on roadies but he lives in Kalamunda and is looking forward to discovering the trails. Stick your head in and say hi. www.facebook.com/victorscycleclub
https://www.facebook.com/victorscycleclub/

방구 똥

Re: DIY Workshop in Perth

Postby 방구 똥 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 pm

I've walked past and seen the setup, looks nice.
Thought about it, but I have a cheap set of tools at home which I can use after hours :D

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:47 am

방구 똥 wrote: Thought about it, but I have a cheap set of tools at home which I can use after hours :D
+1.

Though wheel stands and bearing presses are something I do not have :P

Michael.Maclean

Postby Michael.Maclean » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:36 pm

I went along to his evening with Melody Wheels, which was focused on understanding hubs and disassembling and maintaining them. I can happily report that it was great, (among other things there was beer). And at $50 for the hub workshop (including food and drinks and everything for an evening), it makes complete sense to fork out the couple of hundred ($200 I think?) for an annual membership with the club which gets you into the workshops for free (plus other benefits).