Coastal Cycling Route works at Scarborough Beach

citywomble

Coastal Cycling Route works at Scarborough Beach

Postby citywomble » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi all,

Works have now commenced to redevelop the Scarborough Beach Foreshore adjacent to The Esplanade. These works are being undertaken by the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA) and is a partnership project between the MRA and City of Stirling.

Of great importance is the need to maintain continuity and to keep cyclists and pedestrians informed and considered in the temporary diversions and changes to access along the coastal recreational route. A copy of the detailed map, showing the “Temporary Access for pedestrians and cyclists whilst works are underway” is available on the MRA website and can be downloaded here:

http://assets.mra.wa.gov.au/production/ ... access-map

The whole of the route should provide for safe integrated on-road riding, within a 30 km/h speed controlled area, for most cyclists and has for some time included BAZ markings stencilled on the road. Very cautious and slow cycling, particularly for families with young children, is permitted using the pedestrian route.

rolandp

Re: Coastal Cycling Route works at Scarborough Beach

Postby rolandp » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:46 pm

And further North, large section of the shared path just north of Mullaloo also had diversions today (as well as road closures). Wish I had earlier notice, but I was instructed to walk over freshly laid tar with my cleats, hope I didn't leave any marks.

Thanks citywomble for posting the links to the diversion at Scarborough.