Man flips over 62-year-old cyclist in Barrack Square

exadios

Man flips over 62-year-old cyclist in Barrack Square

Postby exadios » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:07 pm

find_bruce

Re: Man flips over 62-year-old cyclist in Barrack Square

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:23 am

I thought it was the man who flipped out, but no he really did send the cyclist base over apex.
Police have released CCTV footage of a cyclist being flipped over by a man in Barrack Square earlier this month.

The vision captured a 62-year-old woman riding on the footpath on January 6 about 11.15am when she stopped in front of the man walking in the opposite direction.

After a brief conversation, the man pushed the bike before walking past the woman.

The man then turned around and lifted the rear wheel of the bike, flipping the woman onto the ground, causing minor injuries.

The man lifts the rear wheel of the bike, flipping the woman onto the ground, causing minor injuries.

Police have shared security footage of the incident in an attempt to identify the man.

Anyone with information has been asked to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Cycleops70

Postby Cycleops70 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:06 am

And the social media comments say she deserved it!
Remove the bicycle from this scenario & the reaction would be very different;
'Man smashes 62 year old woman's face into ground'

Put her on a bike & its "flips".

What an animal.
What a difference a bike makes.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:43 pm

He's deliberately stepped into her path.

Reminds me of an incident on the Spit Bridge Shared Use path where a guy tried to shove me off my bike and over the railing into peak hour traffic. He was a few sheep short in the top paddock.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:26 pm

That video really upset me. What a coward to do that to another person and especially a lady. I bet he went home and proudly told his wife what a great man he was.
He would be the same bloke to push that cyclist into the gutter with his car. He is a waste of oxygen alright.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:38 pm

The only consolation, perhaps hope, is that he'll die prematurely lugging around that great fat gut, and attitude .
Thugs like him lead miserable, mean unhappy lives.

Cycleops70

Postby Cycleops70 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:58 pm

outnabike wrote:the same bloke to push that cyclist into the gutter with his car.
Which is why I expect she's on the path in the first place.
Amazing how much commentary there is for "she deserved it for being on the path" without considering why she is there in the first place, and how this thug (& many others) would behave towards her if they were behind the wheel of a car. Safely insulated from the reality of hurting someone.

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:58 pm

outnabike wrote:That video really upset me. What a coward to do that to another person and especially a lady. I bet he went home and proudly told his wife what a great man he was.
He would be the same bloke to push that cyclist into the gutter with his car. He is a waste of oxygen alright.
What wife....?
2023 Target: 9.500kms/100,000m
My old blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding, not racing...completing, not competing"

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Well, that's my evening ruined.
Anybody able to lend me a bike if I fly over? :evil:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Can't see the comments, assume they have been removed

What a low life, hope he is identified

Did you notice that no one goes to the aid of the cyclist?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

nachoman

Postby nachoman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Cycleops70 wrote: Which is why I expect she's on the path in the first place.
Most cyclists take the footpath in Barrack Square because a couple of years ago they changed the road from smooth asphalt to those horrible sharp uneven cobble stones that are unsuitable for bicycles.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:55 pm

mikesbytes wrote: Did you notice that no one goes to the aid of the cyclist?
Yes, i hope its just the short vision and someone helped out soon after.
nachoman wrote: Most cyclists take the footpath in Barrack Square because a couple of years ago they changed the road from smooth asphalt to those horrible sharp uneven cobble stones that are unsuitable for bicycles.
They are not nice to walk on either. It would have to be one of the poorest pieces of infastruture as far as cyclist are concerned in Perth. To not incorporate a bike only link through EQ to link the PSP either side is a major f@#$up. Have only ridden through there a couple of times to have a look, but can easily see that bike/ped interaction will cause many issue in years to come. With all the touristS wandering around its a cyclist worst nightmare riding within that precinct.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:26 pm

In no way condoning what the bloke did. It was an assault.

Did anyone else notice it appears the woman was not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident?
Then on a follow up news report asking for help to find the bloke she was filmed riding her bike again not wearing a helmet, it was instead on her handlebars.
Regarding the recent change of rules about cyclists of any age being allowed to ride on footpaths, is under a verandah considered a footpath?

Again, In no way condoning what the bloke did. It was an assault. The above are just some observations and questions.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Agree I wouldn't ride my bike there, but i guess we dont know what the circumstances are prior to the footage i.e. kerb side path blocked etc etc. Plenty of loose cannons around Perth at the moment, so best to quickly move on with incidents unless your able to defend yourself. No comment about helmets except its her choice :wink:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:45 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Can't see the comments, assume they have been removed
Facebook. Don't go there
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 am

What a c***. What sort of deadhead walks away after throwing anyone, let a 62 year old woman, to the ground and walking off feeling like a hero?

Let's hope someone recognises him so he can get the light tap on the wrist it'll be watered down to because a bike was involved.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 am

twowheels wrote:Did anyone else notice it appears the woman was not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident?
How is this relevant?

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:22 pm

P!N20 wrote:
twowheels wrote:Did anyone else notice it appears the woman was not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident?
How is this relevant?
Again, In no way condoning what the bloke did. It was an assault. The above are just some observations and questions.

The relevance was the next sentence of my OP. Then on a follow up news report asking for help to find the bloke she was filmed riding her bike again not wearing a helmet, it was instead on her handlebars.

What interested me was that the staged recreation had the helmet on the handlebars.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Having another look at the video, the two guys in the foreground probably didn't see it and the 2 people coming the other way were right on the far left, it would appear that they were trying to keep as far as possible away from the thug that they could. The video stops before we get a see their interaction with the cyclist.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

cp123

Postby cp123 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:23 pm

as I wrote in one comment on the 7 news perth page on Fakebook - it is possible that she has applied for, and been granted a medical exemption from wearing a helmet. You have all assumed she's just a lawbreaker.

or words to that effect. I personally don't care whether she wears a lid or not - but the bogans don't seem to know that not everybody is required to. that is the point I was trying to make.