Water Corp pipe laying in Northbridge

nachoman

Water Corp pipe laying in Northbridge

Postby nachoman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Recently Newcastle, Vincent and Stirling St have been ripped up to replace water pipes.

This morning riding westbound along Aberdeen St came across Fitzgerald St being worked on, and access to the Freeway PSP blocked:

I politely asked about the lack of signage and they confirmed there was none. I then asked about where the detour was and the Traffic Mgmt guy told me I could 'pick up my bike and step across the pipe'. This was while a tractor was dragging one of the pipes.

I contacted Water Corp who said they will look into it.

wellington_street

Re: Water Corp pipe laying in Northbridge

Postby wellington_street » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Has this been fixed?
Water Corp (along with other utility providers) generally do the bare minimum when it comes to traffic management and especially DGAF about peds and cycles.

nachoman

Re: Water Corp pipe laying in Northbridge

Postby nachoman » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:04 pm

It was open again went I rode through in the afternoon. Despite acknowledging my message, Water Corp never replied. I chased them up today:
Apologies, due to a pipe being moved we had a temp detour & traffic control for this short time
ok then.

There has been a lane closed on William St south of Vincent for a few weeks that causes a bit of traffic congestion. This morning it looked like City of Vincent closed Vincent St during peak hour in front of Hyde Park which made traffic alot worse. I think they are installing speed bumps for a Hyde Park crossing at Norfolk St that myself and a number of other cyclists use.