Midland - Perth PSP (Bayswater works)

matthecat

Midland - Perth PSP (Bayswater works)

Postby matthecat » Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 am

Temporary ramp looks finished but will need some care - especially when wet.
Lots of engineers standing around when I went through yesterday afternoon.
Whilst I'll appreciate the separation from cars - don't want to think how many times a car has reversed out in front of me - not sure how they are going to resolve the conflict with pedestrians. Don't want another City West where commuters basically cross track and are straight onto the path.
Lets see what transpires.

roller

Re: Midland - Perth PSP (Bayswater works)

Postby roller » Tue May 09, 2017 4:15 pm

looks sketchy, i'll be avoiding.
inflammatory statement or idea

Scott_C

Re: Midland - Perth PSP (Bayswater works)

Postby Scott_C » Tue May 09, 2017 5:12 pm

matthecat wrote: not sure how they are going to resolve the conflict with pedestrians. Don't want another City West where commuters basically cross track and are straight onto the path.
The PSP is being built over the top of the existing underpass so the pedestrians will have an option to avoid crossing the PSP at grade if they leave from the western end of the station. The SE exit from the station will still cross the PSP but it runs alongside for a short distance first (~10m) giving you a better chance of seeing pedestrians before they cross the PSP and allowing them to queue to cross the track without spilling back onto the path.

They are using thermoplastic rumble strips on approach to the crossing to try and manage cyclist speed.