Kalamunda mountain bike trails

Mububban

Kalamunda mountain bike trails

Postby Mububban » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:30 pm

I want to take my almost 7 year old to the green trails and pump track. Can anyone offer some feedback on what they're like for the little ones? He can ride 10km on bike paths but I'm aware that offroad riding can require a lot more "burst energy."

Planning to tackle the intro sections on our next "boy's day out"

http://www.kalamundacollective.com.au/p ... scriptions
Last edited by Mububban on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

rolandp

Re: Kalamunda mountain bike trails

Postby rolandp » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:10 am

We did these trails around 6 weeks ago on MTB tandems, with visual impaired stokers on the back. For my stoker, this was her first experience off road.

Though we are not "little ones" it gives you an idea that the green trails can be navigated by an extra long bike so plenty of space for a beginner. You may have to walk some of the hills, but good chance to bond and encourage, if required.

We had one flat, and everyone who passed us offered assistance, to give you an indication of the community feel on these trails. This also included one group who had picked up a wallet/mobile phone and was asking everyone they passed if it was theirs.

You may also want to consider the railway trails through John F National Park. We took the tandems through the tunnel on another occasion.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:33 am

He'll love a few laps around the shake rattle roll loop and the rest is 2 way so you can turn back at any time. The skill s course and lower loops at the goat farm are also good, but maybe a little older. Took my two younger daughters 9, 11 to the goat farm and they enjoyed it......only a couple of grazes :wink:

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks, sounds like we're in for a good day :)
rolandp wrote:You may also want to consider the railway trails through John F National Park. We took the tandems through the tunnel on another occasion.
The railway tunnel is very close to where my folks live so we may have to pop out on one of our regular grandparent visits! We've walked it a few times but biking it should be a good experience.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

wexford

Postby wexford » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm a regular at Kalamunda and see kids from six and older on the green trails all the time. I've not taken my five year old out there yet, but I reckon she'll be ready for it within a year or so :D