Vincent PSP detour?

archetuthus

Vincent PSP detour?

Postby archetuthus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:38 am

Hey All, Noticed the large sign pop up last week on the ride into work Just near the bridge over to lake monger near britannia rd. It advise to find a detour as maintenance upcoming. I tried to get an answer out of City of Vincent from friday with no response other than a shift of council area or a we will find out and let you know comment. But today i noticed theres some signs on either side. Ill have to stop on way home as i figured that these would be online in some sense. but i am unable to find information digitally.

Would love it if someone can find info or knows anything more about this as this section forms part of my 30km commute every day. I hope the detour they have in place is safe and people that live and drive on these streets will be aware of the large bike presence during this 'maintenance' work.

nachoman

Re: Vincent PSP detour?

Postby nachoman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:46 am

I asked the nice City of Vincent guy at the Bike Dr popup this morning. Works are for this Thursday and Friday, should be after 9am. It is for CoV to clear some vegetation then hopefully they will be able to hand over the section to Main Roads who will plan and schedule more intense work (like repairing bumps and root damaged paths). Not sure about any detours.

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 am

If it is the PSP that is affected and not the parallel path running through the Britannia Road Reserve then I understand that it is under Main Roads' control. Unless the maintenance is particularly urgent I am surprised that they are undertaking it now as the path through this section is meant to be being investigated for an upgrade next year as part of the Mitchell Freeway southbound widening - Cedric Street to Vincent Street works.

archetuthus

Postby archetuthus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Got a reponse with the detour pictures:
THURSDAY AND FRIDAY 21 & 22 SEPTEMBER: 9AM – 3.30PM
SUBSTANTIAL VEGETATION MAINTENANCE WILL TAKE PLACE ON A SECTION OF
THE PRINCIPAL SHARED PATH BETWEEN BRITANNIA ROAD, MOUNT HAWTHORN
APPROACH AND STANFORD ST IN LEEDERVILLE.
Works include vegetation pruning and clearing –trucks will be on site.
Traffic controllers shall be in position on all access points to assist PSP users to find alternate routes;
Oxford Street for cyclists and various paths & local streets for pedestrians.
CITY BOUND CYCLISTS ARE RECOMMENDED TO USE EITHER LAKE MONGER OVERPASS OR DETOUR TO OXFORD STREET LAKE MONGER

archetuthus

Postby archetuthus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Feels like they are 'beautifying' it before ride to work day. If only they regularly maintained it. Or fixed the issue areas they clearly marked at the start of the year.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Scott_C wrote:If it is the PSP that is affected and not the parallel path running through the Britannia Road Reserve then I understand that it is under Main Roads' control. Unless the maintenance is particularly urgent I am surprised that they are undertaking it now as the path through this section is meant to be being investigated for an upgrade next year as part of the Mitchell Freeway southbound widening - Cedric Street to Vincent Street works.
The PSP work is only Glendalough to Hutton St and currently scheduled for 2018/2019. There may be sections which are built in conjunction with the widening of the freeway, in particular, the Scarborough Beach Rd crossing but I have not seen details indicating grade crossing at Hutton St for example, and I would be very surprised it would include the PSP around Vincent St. If you have details please pass on the links.

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:31 pm

rolandp wrote:
Scott_C wrote:If it is the PSP that is affected and not the parallel path running through the Britannia Road Reserve then I understand that it is under Main Roads' control. Unless the maintenance is particularly urgent I am surprised that they are undertaking it now as the path through this section is meant to be being investigated for an upgrade next year as part of the Mitchell Freeway southbound widening - Cedric Street to Vincent Street works.
The PSP work is only Glendalough to Hutton St and currently scheduled for 2018/2019. There may be sections which are built in conjunction with the widening of the freeway, in particular, the Scarborough Beach Rd crossing but I have not seen details indicating grade crossing at Hutton St for example, and I would be very surprised it would include the PSP around Vincent St. If you have details please pass on the links.
From the Project Overview on the previously linked Main Roads webpage (emphasis added):
The project is currently being developed, which means we are refining work on the concept design and conducting preliminary site investigations and assessments (including determining if enhanced shared paths can be accommodated as part of this project). We are aiming to commence construction in mid 2018, with completion by end 2019.
Nothing concrete but an indication that they are at least pretending to look into upgrading the PSP.