more bike dealers than car dealers in Alice?

master6

more bike dealers than car dealers in Alice?

Postby master6 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Is it true that there are more Bicycle dealers than car dealers in Alice Springs.?

OK, I admit, I am just trying to make this into a cycling related item.

The fact is, our daughter in Alice Springs is about to go to England to study for 4 years, and needs to sell her car. She says that there is only one dealer in Alice to approach. Is that True?

And just to make this more bicycle relevant, if she does not sell the car, I might have to come to town to collect it. I was there in August, and did not join any of the mid week rides due to temperatures at the times involved ; was it 5.30 am? I'm just not tough enough for an Alice early morning ride, outside summer.

Have I made it "bicycle enough".

By the way, if you want to buy a 99 lancer, driven only by a lady doctor, mainly on Sundays, let me know. Condition? You wont find better.

Jeff

V17L

Re: more bike dealers than car dealers in Alice?

Postby V17L » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Jeff
Mmmm, well I suspect the answer is yes, there is more bike shops in Alice than car dealers (that take second hand cars). No problems if you want to buy a new car, though.

Suggest your dayughter puts the car near the Milner road and Larapinta roundabout with a for sale sign on it. Seems a few people have been doing that.

Or try the backpackers noticeboards.
cheers
steve t
Giant Defy 1