For those that may be interested

alanm

For those that may be interested

Postby alanm » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm currently on tour, have been for a while now, albeit with two work breaks, but hey, that's life. Here's a link;

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/pag ... 27748&v=1o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As you will likely realize, updates will be a bit patchy once I'm out of reception.

Cheers.
Al.

rifraf

Re: For those that may be interested

Postby rifraf » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Enjoyed reading of your travels Al.
Look forward to the updates.
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

alanm

Postby alanm » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Cheers rifraf

Al

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Nice going Al good read I hate packing up crispy tents let alone getting out the fart sack on those cold wet mornings. You have some serious panels what brand are they?

Rucky

alanm

Postby alanm » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:58 am

Hey }SkOrPn--7 , they're PowerFilm F15-3600 panels. They cost a small fortune each if one were to purchase them from the supplier, however, I picked them up off Ebay for a fraction of the listed price. I've been very happy with them. From memory they only weigh 1.5 KG each.

Al.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:52 am

Nice setup you have going on there Al have you worked out a charge time to get your battery pack back up to speed? I was having a chuckle to my self thinking thanks god I'm not the only idiot that hauls a crap load on tours. I find it outrage's some of the prices a caravan park charge for a guy in a tent. Then you have a grey nomad pull in with a van with all the trimmings not paying much more than you and they run there air conditioners/heaters plus all there power goods and I'm paying for that freezing my ass of in a tent.

Ricky

alanm

Postby alanm » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:12 pm

I ended up cycling to Alice via Dubbo, Wilcannia, White Cliffs, Tibooburra, Innamincka, Birdsville, Boulia and across the Donahue and Plenty Highways.
Enjoyed the majority of it.

Al.

tmac100

Postby tmac100 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:24 am

What an incredible story. Thank you for sharing it on BNA, otherwise I would have missed it on CGOAB. Yup, bicycling in outback OZ is quite the advenchaa - and especially when off "the bitumen" :D

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Great effort Al.
I was wondering when to return for some updates.
I only had time to skim a couple of the last pages last night and look on a map to get a clear idea of the route, but I'll be sure to go back and read the whole thing start to finish, recovering my memories of your initial postings.

Like Ricky says, single traveller unpowered tent sites are outrageous at many campgrounds and becoming more common it seems.
Thankfully Australia still has many opportunity to camp wild or I'd be looking for an alternative interest due to not having big enough pockets.

An interesting route which given some time to peruse your link, I'll be sure to be back with some questions.
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.