WA - Cervantes Holiday Park Getting a Revamp

Aushiker

WA - Cervantes Holiday Park Getting a Revamp

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Just a heads-up for those riding down the WA coast, the now RAC owned Cervantes Holiday Park is getting a bit of revamp. Having stayed here in the past when riding south from Geraldton I would say this is long overdue.

From the press release ...

The staged redevelopment will see park facilities expanded and existing accommodation and facilities substantially upgraded at the beachfront site.

Stage one of the redevelopment includes the installation of a swimming pool, a children’s playground, recreation room and camp kitchen. Eleven new self-catering cabins will also be added and an amenities block.

rifraf

Re: WA - Cervantes Holiday Park Getting a Revamp

Postby rifraf » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:05 am

Oh and for those who didn't hear about it,

Yanchep National Park is once again offering camping (as a trial).

They have created a designated area, the old oval, from memory with facilities...... Here we go:

http://www.communitynews.com.au/wannero ... l-camping/

https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/news/media-s ... l-holidays

In fact WA is rolling out a lot of new campgrounds and upgrades of existing ones

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/special ... ae952bbcd8

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:31 am

That is good news. Coming from Freo and heading north the lack of camping optons close to a days tour riding has been a little frustrating. Having camping options at Yanchep is a good option.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:39 pm

It seems with the Club Capricorn Campground closure to make way for housing, there was an opportunity for Parks & Wildlife(?) to explore the opportunities to provide camping in the National Park.

I finally got a ride in today and went up for an eyeball.

The campground is situated at an under utilised football oval within the Park, close's to the main facilities including the Inn which offers food and beverages.
I went there for Xmas lunch and was impressed with both the menu and standard of food.

It was getting dark as I arrived and although I didn't get into the bathrooms, talking to the host, it appears during this trail period, a male and a female bathroom have been provided initially to assess demand.
The bathrooms each include a single shower with gas califont water heating.
No kitchen facilities yet although there are some rudimentary shelters with seating to cater to dining.
No sinks or washing facilities for dishes, but there are taps at at least two easy access positions near said dining shelters.
Demand will dictate the level of facilities so the more we utilise the parks, the better.
A kitchen room is under discussion currently if I understood correctly.

Mike Ayling

Postby Mike Ayling » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:38 pm

rifraf wrote:I

It was getting dark as I arrived and although I didn't get into the bathrooms, talking to the host, it appears during this trail period, a male and a female bathroom have been provided initially to assess demand.
The bathrooms each include a single shower with gas califont water heating.
But no bath presumably so why call it a bathroom, this is Australia not the Us of A!

I prefer amenities block.

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:52 pm

Look forward to your own write up Mike, with true blue grammar, colloquialisms and spelling variations.

Yesterdays ride was my first in a very long time having been below par for some time.

I'd encourage anyone feeling less than buoyant to get out on their bike least they forget the joy of pedalling and attain the benefits of some fresh air.

I feel much better for having blown out some cobwebs and will do another ride this afternoon.

Hope your days a good one.