Vaude Big Bike Bag

johnfordau

Vaude Big Bike Bag

Postby johnfordau » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:58 am

Just took delivery of Vaude Big Bike Bag .. and it is Big. Impressed with the size and the wheel pockets inside with padding. For under $100 is good value compared to what else appears on offer.

Have not tried the bag out yet but would have heaps of room for bike and accessors, like tools, clothing etc. Weighing in at 1.8 kg the bag plus bike plus accessories and padding will come in well under 20kg.

It also scrunches up pretty small and would fit into one of my front pannier bags, with room left over, if I decided to take it with touring.

Fast delivery from the US.

Leaf T

Re: Vaude Big Bike Bag

Postby Leaf T » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:56 pm

I have Vaude panniers and the quality is excellent. I also had the GE tardis bag (sold) which was very well made but I couldn't be bothered using it for touring bikes because of the level of disassembly required. A box was quicker and simpler. If this is bigger than the Tardis then it's worth a look.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Leaf T wrote:I have Vaude panniers and the quality is excellent. I also had the GE tardis bag (sold) which was very well made but I couldn't be bothered using it for touring bikes because of the level of disassembly required. A box was quicker and simpler. If this is bigger than the Tardis then it's worth a look.
GE Body Bag

CTC clear plastic bike bag

Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Leaf T

Postby Leaf T » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:11 pm

The body bag would still require rack removal which I'd prefer to avoid. The plastic bag option works well or at least the one time I did it. Other times since then I've been a bit nervy as to whether the airline will accept it when most of them state on their website that bikes need to be boxed. It would be great if the plastic bag option was an accepted industry standard.