Call out to Melbourne based folk interested in doing self contained touring rides.

Fish

Call out to Melbourne based folk interested in doing self contained touring rides.

Postby Fish » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 pm

I've purchased a Vivente Gibb fully set up with panniers to carry camping gear, food, water & clothes so I can be fully self-contained. I'm looking for others who have set themselves up to be self-contained that are interested in exploring rail trails and some of the quieter rural and bush roads of Victoria, Tasmania and perhaps into NSW and South Australia in coming years. I've also started a facebook page called Melbourne bicycle campers https://www.facebook.com/groups/309176529596148/

I'm heading down to Tassie on the Ferry on Monday 18th of December 2017 for a couple of weeks of catching up with a friend down there and doing some touring around. It would be fun to do some rides exploring Victorian Rail Trails in January through to March. If there is enough interest maybe we could plan a few rides.

RonK

Re: Call out to Melbourne based folk interested in doing self contained touring rides.

Postby RonK » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Are you aware there is already a long-standing touring club in Melbourne. Why would you want to start another?

Melbourne Bicycle Touring Club
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Mike Ayling

Re: Call out to Melbourne based folk interested in doing self contained touring rides.

Postby Mike Ayling » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:32 pm

RonK wrote:Are you aware there is already a long-standing touring club in Melbourne. Why would you want to start another?

Melbourne Bicycle Touring Club
(1) I think he is just looking for cycling companions.

(2) MBTC tend to do more challenging rides than exploring rail trails.

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!