bike services in hobart

ethancheah

bike services in hobart

Postby ethancheah » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi, a newbie here and I'm getting a secondhand road bike which has been left idle for quite a while, so grease, dust etc just all over the bike. I am near these shops

1. bike ride
2. mcbain
3. kenself
4. avanti+

I was wondering which shop would you recommend in terms of the service provided and also the price. thanks in advance :)

rangersac

Re: bike services in hobart

Postby rangersac » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:46 am

Looks like you are pretty central in Hobart. My personal preference for the in town shops is either Bike Ride or Ken Self. Bike Ride isn't the cheapest but they are good blokes who are very helpful. I haven't personally been there but I have mates who've had pretty poor experiences with Avanti Plus. If you don't mind heading out of town a bit Cyclingo in South Hobart are great, and Treadlies in Kingston are also very good, and will probably provide the cheapest service of the lot.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

ethancheah

Postby ethancheah » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 am

rangersac wrote:Looks like you are pretty central in Hobart. My personal preference for the in town shops is either Bike Ride or Ken Self. Bike Ride isn't the cheapest but they are good blokes who are very helpful. I haven't personally been there but I have mates who've had pretty poor experiences with Avanti Plus. If you don't mind heading out of town a bit Cyclingo in South Hobart are great, and Treadlies in Kingston are also very good, and will probably provide the cheapest service of the lot.
cool, thanks for the info. kingston is a little far for me, dont have a car. i have checked out bike ride and ken self recently, they are both pretty friendly, but since only bike ride offers bike fit, i might just service my bike there too.

Blakeylonger

Postby Blakeylonger » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Have heard a lot of good things about Bike Ride (CBD)

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 pm

I've always had excellent service from Bike Ride, as have others I've ridden with.