Advice needed on an unknown frame

old steel Bikes

Re: Advice needed on an unknown frame

Postby old steel Bikes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:03 pm

RobertFrith wrote:Another one of these frames showed up on the facheache retro market page. I've been in touch by PM with vonbaker about it already. He still has the frame he posted about originally. Now there are two. Still no clues as to the make but the fact that a second one has shown up in Perth does make it look likely that it was locally built. Here's a link to number 2 (a pols, this will only work if you're on FB I think)... http://www.facebook.com/groups/retrocyc ... 190428939/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By the look of it you should go and get it, and bring it back to its former glory.

Imwit

Postby Imwit » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:14 pm

Don't have Facebook.
Is it the same as this one that was on ebay a few weeks ago..?

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:48 am

No, not that one.
I had a look, I may go get it, but it has a hole in the seat tube that probably means replacing the tube. It's project central in my garage already and I have a pair of broken wrists right now :-)

MHJonesRegister

Postby MHJonesRegister » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:08 am

Came upon this quite by accident. I'm confident in saying that it's a Flying Arrow based on arrow shapes, frame number & quality of work. Flying Arrow was located in Rokeby Rd, Subiaco and run by Bill Kell. For a number of years his frame builder was Milton Jones. It's a fine frame I would be happy to part with cash for it! If this thread is still active, I can direct you to Flying Arrows on the Milton Jones register hosted by the WA Historical Cycle Club.

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:00 am

It's definitely a Flying Arrow. Wonder where it is now? Maybe Mal Jones has it.