Bullock of Adelaide

healey100

Bullock of Adelaide

Postby healey100 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi all,

I have recently renewed my interest in vintage bikes! This c1930 Bullock of Adelaide I recently found got me back into it.

It's also been a year or two since I posted.

It cant be more Adelaide with a SA Brewing crate on the back. New 28 x 2 1/2 tyres are n their way. Love those moustache bars.
I was hoping to find a Coopers Ale wood crate - any out there? ( my favourite beer even though it looks like Adelaide creek water)

https://www.facebook.com/BSA.WW2Paratro ... uploaded=3

Thanks to Philip (Clydesdale Scot) for being the custodian of the Bullock frame dating documentation.

Cheers

Dimitri

Clydesdale Scot

Re: Bullock of Adelaide

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Only because Dimitri loaned me the documentation in the first place and I scanned it!

There are ways of printing onto a crate to give a reasonable impression of antiquity.

healey100

Postby healey100 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Here is a reference to an early Bullock from 1901, frame number 00179

Sad story and not far from us on the Belair Road.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/arti ... +Australia

Ralph Waler

Postby Ralph Waler » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 pm

I have since purchased this Bullock from Dimitri and plan on keeping it in my collection along with many other vintage and veteran bikes I own. These bikes don't just sit in the shed gathering dust but come out every now and again to ride around my wee country town, (lower mid north SA).
The serial number on this bullock is 10842, and the Williams crank/chain wheel (P) date code gives a 1930 vintage.

I would be very interested to see a post completely on Bullock bikes and the different serial numbers and approx dates of these bikes as a way to keep track of what is around our state as well as in the other states.

I would be great to see the bikes pictured as well as their serial numbers.
Myself I have never been able to post pictures on this site but am more then willing to send them to someone whom may post them on a specific Bullock thread.

Out of all the different bullock bikes I have been able to piece together from different threads on this group the one I was lucky enough to purchase from Jim seems to have the earliest number so far, but I am sure there are others about.

I would also be fantastic to see a copy of what has been spoken about as the dating paper that a few of the lads have put together

Thank you for your time reading this and I hope a separate thread can be started in the near future with some great Bullock photos

Mark.
Lower mid north SA.