2015 Premium BNA Cycling Kit - Orders Closed

Are you interested in getting your own BNA Cycling Kit

Poll ended at Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:27 pm

No - simply not interested
17%
No - don't like the design
6%
No - too expensive (would buy if it was cheaper)
8%
Yes - Just a Blue (Strada) Jersey
11%
Yes - Just a Black (Corsa) Jersey
6%
Yes - Blue (Strada) Jersey and Knicks
20%
Yes - Black (Corsa) Jersey and Knicks
28%
Yes - More than one kit
4%

Total votes: 83
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2014 - New BNA Cycling Kit

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Hard to believe, but another 4 hours on the kit and have been putting in some good time - a solid planning means everyone is happier.

At this stage, no socks - they would have to be seperate (different supplier) and I havn't located one yet would with low enough order numbers but high enough quality.

However, the goodies are a waterproof commmunication pocket in the jersey (right side with cable routing if you have a hands-free setup). Even if you don't use the hands free while riding, a waterproof pocket for a phone is a top feature. There will be reflective, not the H (striping) as will the previous kit, rather tabs. I a planning to demostrate and provide enough info. (splas vest will also have reflective).

Also, for the knicks I am opting for a better chamois, an upgrade which is simply higher quality and nicer alog with the elasticised leg bands - photos and details will come.

With the features, pricing will be higher than anticipated. I will do a deal for the kit. Vests and gloves will be available (probably with a full kit deal as well). It will still be significantly lower than buying the kit with this quality and features for normal retail - and for the BNA kit, quality goes before quantity.
Cycling is in my BNA

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:57 am

Sounds great Chris! I need some new kit so I am holding off until this is sorted. I'd probably go for at least 2 full kits, plus a couple of extra jerseys.
almost time to rename this head as 2015 Cycling Kit :-)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Almost there. I am finalising the order process and have created some videos to show examples of features.

Because of timing and proximity with Christmas, I would run the ordering through to January 7. Then allowing for manufacturing it means that the kit should be there by early March 2015. While earlier is better, quality and planning always takes priority and I am prepared to allow time for this.

Hoping to open up the pre-orders in the next day or two.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

tcdev

Postby tcdev » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:57 pm

I originally indicated interest in a blue jersey only. I'd probably opt for the knicks as well now, given that I need at least one more pair.
2015 Giant XTC Advanced 29er 1 (2016 frame)
2011 Schwinn Sporterra Comp
2021 Giant Contend AR1

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:55 pm

No probs, I have been counting on you tcdev :)
I might even interest you in a wind/splashproof vest and some gloves!
Cycling is in my BNA

tcdev

Postby tcdev » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:20 pm

AUbicycles wrote:No probs, I have been counting on you tcdev :)
So I could have single-handedly sunk this whole operation? :twisted:
AUbicycles wrote:I might even interest you in a wind/splashproof vest and some gloves!
I'm easy - it's the manager who approves the PO's you have to convince. :mrgreen: I'll go into bat for you, but I can only do so much...

She's not keen on washing the knicks each time I ride, so tonight she conceded that I'd have to 'buy another pair'. I took that as a go-ahead to order a BNA jersey/knick kit. There'll be hell to pay when she gets the credit card statement but, as a friend of mine says; it's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission! :shock:
2015 Giant XTC Advanced 29er 1 (2016 frame)
2011 Schwinn Sporterra Comp
2021 Giant Contend AR1

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:34 pm

AUbicycles wrote:No probs, I have been counting on you tcdev :)
I might even interest you in a wind/splashproof vest and some gloves!

Oooh, now you are just teasing!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

2015 Premium BNA Cycling Kit - Orders Now Open

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:51 am

Let's start the party! I have started the order process and kicking it off with a video.

Ready to order: 2015 Premium BNA Cycling Kit Pre-Order

Here are compiled cycling kit size and feature details (incl. size chart)

Basic Details
Ordering will run until January 7. 2015 to allow time as we are coming into the Christmas rush period. Orders are locked in and need to be paid in full by this date - then are passed for manufacturing. I am planning that the kits will be delivered by early March, probably sooner but this is realistic for planning.

For any questions, try and ask here so that they questions and answers are visible for all. For custom requests (yes... the Pink) get in touch.

I am starting this off slowly to ensure that my processes are working smoothly, afterwards will start more comprehensive promotion.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2015 Premium BNA Cycling Kit - Orders Now Open

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Question via email wrote: I’m really not a bib fan as the pressure it puts on your shoulders and was wondering if you considered doing the knicks without the shoulder straps (i.e without bib part so just like shorts).
I have been wearing and prefer the BNA bib-knicks of non-bibs - it just feels right so there is no pressure. The only issue I have is when I put my jersey on and forget to put the straps on, so have to undo the jersey, put the straps over and then put the jersey back on. The straps however may be an issue if you have a body type (small or large) which means there is a bit more strain.

There are two options:
1 - yes, it would be possible to get BNA knicks made up however the price would be different as it is a one-off and doesn’t get the advantage of higher order quantities. If other want this, I can calculate the best price however the rule of thumb is that it would cost more. An advantage of the one-off is an option to chose the chamois and style that suits.

2 - Standard black knicks work with the jersey’s colour-wise. An advantage is that it may be more economical to use your exisiting comfortble knicks. While the Cuore are premium quality, we all have different backsides and will have preference for different wear.

Cheers
Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Have ordered a new pair of bib knicks - hope they are as comfy as my current ones. ;)

Thanks for this !
2023 Target: 9.500kms/100,000m
My old blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding, not racing...completing, not competing"

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Didn't see much of a tan line in that video, Christopher. Do you still ride?

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Have ordered two sets with one of each colour, plus a vest and two pairs of gloves. Didn't see the need for a cap.

Looking forward to having some comfortable matching kit for a change!

Paul

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:21 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Didn't see much of a tan line in that video, Christopher. Do you still ride?
You've got it all wrong, I ride at night and have the ultimate moon tan!
Cycling is in my BNA

GregLR

Postby GregLR » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:42 am

I have been in contact with Chris as to whether a long sleeve version of the 2015 strada (blue) BNA jersey can be done. He told me that a long sleeve version is possible though it will cost more, of course - how much is not yet known and will be investigated along with other questions Chris is compiling for the supplier.

If others are interested in a long sleeve jersey, please let Chris know. I mentioned to him that my preference would be that the long sleeves of the strada jersey also be in blue (rather than black, other than the trim).

Greg

wexford

Postby wexford » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I'd be interested in any of grey/white/red as an alternative colour from the cyan, which wouldn't work so great with my red/black/white bikes! If this can be done at close to the quoted price I'll grab a set of knicks+jersey.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:34 pm

This in an overview of the special options. As noted the prices will be higher because of low order numbers.
But lets collect custom requests and see where we can agree and get better value. Otherwise the Blue and Black are full steam ahead.

Custom Colours (6)
Lots of different colours suggested - White, Grey, Red, Yellow, Green, Pink
Generally it is the black version jersey with coloured stripes.

Long Sleeves (2)
1 - blue version (black stripes)
1 - Xplora wants long sleeves with a bright main colour

Socks
Socks are not an option however I am actively following some leads on this and will keep updated if this is an option.
Cycling is in my BNA

bollo

Postby bollo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Still got my 2013 kit is in excellent condition I would love a new with black main body with fluro yellow stripes
2013 Cube Lightning HPC SL Race
2012 Merida Scultura Evo 905

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:40 pm

GregLR wrote:I have been in contact with Chris as to whether a long sleeve version of the 2015 strada (blue) BNA jersey can be done.
If others are interested in a long sleeve jersey, please let Chris know. I mentioned to him that my preference would be that the long sleeves of the strada jersey also be in blue (rather than black, other than the trim).

Greg
I'd be into a long sleeve blue.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:24 am

AUbicycles wrote:This in an overview of the special options.
Long Sleeves (2)
1 - blue version (black stripes)
1 - Xplora wants long sleeves with a bright main colour

Are the long sleves a winter weight material or same as the s/sleeve versions (i.e a 'spring' weather l/s jersey) ?

GregLR

Postby GregLR » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:16 pm

MichaelB wrote:Are the long sleves a winter weight material or same as the s/sleeve versions (i.e a 'spring' weather l/s jersey) ?
My interest is in a long sleeve jersey that is the same material as the s/sleeve version - I'm concerned about sun protection on my arms, not warmth in winter. And I'm interested in the strada (blue) colour, including on the arms, because it is bright and therefore has good visibility.

Greg

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:35 am

GregLR wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Are the long sleves a winter weight material or same as the s/sleeve versions (i.e a 'spring' weather l/s jersey) ?
My interest is in a long sleeve jersey that is the same material as the s/sleeve version - I'm concerned about sun protection on my arms, not warmth in winter. And I'm interested in the strada (blue) colour, including on the arms, because it is bright and therefore has good visibility.

Greg
...ditto.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:53 pm

I will include this on my list to confirm however am quite confident is answering now that it is a lightweight long-sleeve, probably the same material as the jersey front so not a winter style (a winter style would have a windbreaker style front).
Cycling is in my BNA

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:47 pm

GregLR wrote:

Greg
I've got a full sleeve Audax jersey and boy do I get hot in it. If they could do strada colours for some arm summer coolers now your talking
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:02 am

An update - with the Christmas break and many people returning to work on Jan 5, I have not yet been able to clarify details for the long-sleeve and the custom colour kits. Specifically I need to clarify potential additional costs (setup/design), be rest-assured that I am working on this and will provide details as soon as I have this and you won't miss out.
Cycling is in my BNA

Mrlinderman

Postby Mrlinderman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:38 am

Sounds good, I would be interested in a custom kit (corsa), red instead of blue and white instead of black writing.
"Hope is not a strategy"
Trek Superfly 21.5 2015 29er