WA bent cyclists going to Busselton HPV PedalPrix Aug 9th?

mrrtmrrt

WA bent cyclists going to Busselton HPV PedalPrix Aug 9th?

Postby mrrtmrrt » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 am

Hi all, just wondering if any of you West Australian recumbent cyclists are going down to Busselton on August the 9th for the Pedal Prix on the foreshore? Will you be taking your recumbent? I notice there are 41 teams with streamlined velomobile racing trikes registered so far so it will be lots of fun if last year's event is anything to go by.

PedalPrix Promo video:

Busselton PedalPrix 2014 video:
Last edited by mrrtmrrt on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bartek

Re: WA bent cyclists going to Busselton HPV PedalPrix Aug 9t

Postby Bartek » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:24 pm

I am planning on going, but I am not taking the Velomobile, just doing the spectator thing!
Sinner Mango Sport RE
KMX Viper
Trek 350

mrrtmrrt

Postby mrrtmrrt » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Bartek wrote:I am planning on going, but I am not taking the Velomobile, just doing the spectator thing!
We might be setting up a little display of road-going recumbents at the event where at this stage we'd have a tilting full-suspension trike, a Greenspeed Magnum and maybe some other HPVs so the crowds can see what practical commuter HPVs look like.

If anyone's interested in show-casing your trikes, velos or other bents as well for some of the time during Sunday, let me know and we might get something happening.

ImageImageImage

-Martin Hill

chuckchunder

Postby chuckchunder » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Hi Martin

I'm planning on riding down on the Friday, and to the event from our accommodation on Sunday. Happy to include my trike in your display if you'd like. I also have other bents if you have space/desire to transport them down. PM me

cheers
glen
"We have thousands of miles of cycling infrastructure, we just need to get the cars off them....." US advocate

bradwoodbr

Postby bradwoodbr » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi guys,
I plan to drive down for Sunday. However if anyone knows of cheap accommodation for Saturday I will go on Saturday. It will be great to catch up with Glen and Martin. It's been awhile.

If anyone needs anything transported let me know.

cheers
Brad
Optima Baron Raptor
Low Racer - Recumbent
http://lowracerrider.blogspot.com/
Rotovelo velomobile

mrrtmrrt

Postby mrrtmrrt » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Sounds excellent Glen and Brad, it'll be great to meet up with some other like-minded recumbent owners and show the practical side of recumbent HPV ownership. :-)

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:15 am

Not for me this time. Still haven't got any kms in the legs after a long time off mine. Maybe next time it's in town.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

mrrtmrrt

Postby mrrtmrrt » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:41 am

Kalgrm wrote:Not for me this time. Still haven't got any kms in the legs after a long time off mine. Maybe next time it's in town.
Hi Graeme, we're not actually competing in the race, just having a bit of a social get-together and to display our road-going recumbents to the crowds who will be there. Stuart Peterson, the organiser of the event is keen for us to show off our machines in the interests of promoting the practical side of human-powered vehicles.

The race itself has 41 teams from primary and secondary schools, universities as well as an open class competing in a race that lasts 6 hours(!!), so you'd be very welcome to join in the fun as we watch them do all the hard work! :D

chuckchunder

Postby chuckchunder » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Ok, I'll be riding the Catrike 700 down, and my beautiful wife will be bringing the Greenspeed Anura in the car. We will be riding both to the event on Sunday. Is there anything happening on Saturday? Set-up? Qualifying? Practise?

Looking forward to the event. Be really good to catch up with Brad, and meet other 'bent people.
"We have thousands of miles of cycling infrastructure, we just need to get the cars off them....." US advocate

mrrtmrrt

Postby mrrtmrrt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:38 pm

chuckchunder wrote:Ok, I'll be riding the Catrike 700 down, and my beautiful wife will be bringing the Greenspeed Anura in the car. We will be riding both to the event on Sunday. Is there anything happening on Saturday? Set-up? Qualifying? Practise?

Looking forward to the event. Be really good to catch up with Brad, and meet other 'bent people.
Excellent Glen, My wife and I look forward to meeting everyone. Scrutineering is on the Saturday between 12.30pm and 3.00pm in the the Busselton Youth and Community Centre, Corner of High Street and Bussell Highway, Busselton just a few streets up from the seaside race track.

The Community Centre hall last year was full of teams making last minute changes and fixes to their HPVs on the Saturday and the teams were practicing around the track. I recall having a bit of a spin around the track myself.

I'll be setting up my little green OzTrail Gazebo by the track Sunday morning - maybe around 9am-ish or earlier if I can get there in time from Margaret river where we're staying! Look for my green and black e-assist full-suspension tilting trike.

Bargo

Postby Bargo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:34 am

I unfortunately can't make it to busselton for this, but i might be prepared to let someone take my blue rotovelo from COTTESLOE down if they had room to transport it. I am convinced it is the ultimate commuter so would be good for people to see a practical velomobile

Would be good to get it back Sunday so I can commute in it on Monday morning

Let me know if anyone could transport it

Barry

mrrtmrrt

Postby mrrtmrrt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:38 am

Bargo wrote:I unfortunately can't make it to busselton for this, but i might be prepared to let someone take my blue rotovelo from COTTESLOE down if they had room to transport it. I am convinced it is the ultimate commuter so would be good for people to see a practical velomobile
Would be good to get it back Sunday so I can commute in it on Monday morning
Let me know if anyone could transport it
Barry
G'day Barry, thanks for your very thoughtful offer. Unfortunately my vehicle is a bit full otherwise I might have taken you up on that offer. Mind you, I might have been a bit scared of damaging or having it stolen (although I am that way about my tilting full-suspension trike as well!).

I must admit, it would be great to have a practical velomobile like the Rotovelo to show. Hmm.

Bartek

Postby Bartek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:08 pm

My plans to attend on Sunday have been vetoed by SWMBO, apparently I have to go watch my eldest daughter abseil off a building in Perth instead!
Sinner Mango Sport RE
KMX Viper
Trek 350