Show off your Ride

OldBloke

Re: Show off your Ride

Postby OldBloke » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Riggsbie wrote:Nice looking trikes.....how do they ride ?
Initially they came with 1.25" tires that I was pumping up to 100psi and the ride was very harsh. I now have a 2.00" on the back and I'm using about 55psi all round. The ride is much smoother and I don't think I have lost much speed. I'm still pretty slow up hill - the lycra clad df crowd pass me easily :) - but then I wasn't all that fast on my old df. I certainly find the recumbent more comfortable than my old df. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:22 pm

That's the great thing about recumbents, tweaking and fine tuning.....

It's all about the journey, not how fast you get there !

I really miss my Vortex so always lust after another trike.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

burnt

Postby burnt » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:45 am

Even though I have a Mango velo and a Greenspeed GT3 trike, it wouldn't take much persuasion to get an Ice VTX!

My Mango is laid up with a mechanical at the moment, I did 50km on the Greenspeed yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, my AVS was no where near the Mango, but as you say it's all about the journey!

One downside I did notice was having to lather the legs in sunscreen (sorry Victorians) you don't need to worry about that in the Mango!!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:08 am

Aushiker wrote:An update on my LoGo P-38. It now has a Angletech Aerotrunk III.
I have now at last finished the write-up of the bike. It can be found on my blog if you are bored.

Andrew

avolve

Postby avolve » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:57 am

OldBloke wrote:Here are some pics of our Performer Trike-Fs. The Trike-F is a folder so we can get two of them in the back of our Xtrail.

OB
I am interested in your longer term experiences with the Perfomer. I am looking at one as a first recumbent/weighing up against a more significant longer-term investment (ICE Adventure, Greenspead GTO, etc)...

OldBloke

Postby OldBloke » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:41 am

avolve wrote:I am interested in your longer term experiences with the Perfomer. I am looking at one as a first recumbent/weighing up against a more significant longer-term investment (ICE Adventure, Greenspead GTO, etc)...
Avolve,
We have had the trikes for nearly two years and I have a bit over 5000km on mine. Reliability has been good so far. Any problems or enquiries I've had, Performer in Taiwan have been pretty quick to respond. I'd happily buy from Performer again. Only thing that has broken is the mudguard mounts. Performer responded with a modified mount that hasn't broken so far.
Set up of the wheel alignment is the most fiddly thing and should be checked every couple of months. Tire wear increases dramatically if the alignment is off too much. The BB5 cable disk brakes are very effective if a bit noisy. I didn't bed mine in properly when I first started riding.
I run tire pressures fairly low, about 40psi or so, so the ride isn't too bad. Suspension would be nicer but we couldn't get folding plus suspension. Next tires I get will be something like Big Apples in 2.0in which will give more comfort.
They have a bit of pedal and brake steer but I adjusted to it easily. My wife doesn't experience any pedal steer since she isn't as strong.
For the price I've been very happy with them. While the quality may be not as high as more expensive brands, ICE, HP Velotechnic and Catrike have all had quality control issues at various times.
Happy to answer any questions. I'm in Newcastle, if you're ever in the area you're welcome to have a look.

OB

avolve

Postby avolve » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks OB. Appreciate your insights, and they will help with further consideration of options.

max_torq

Postby max_torq » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:04 am

Here is my daily commuter: 2006 Greenspeed GTS Trike

equipped with Rohloff gearhub, magura disc brakes, 250w pedal-assist, wgx fairing

youtube clip (rear view camera):

https://youtu.be/BsMEIJ714k8

OldBloke

Postby OldBloke » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Decided to try a recumbent bike and managed to pick up this Challenge Hurricane second hand.

Now I just have to learn how to ride it. :roll:

OB

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Get out of here OB you lucky sod looks in excellent condition like the white too.

Ricky