Back 2 the bents

Baalzamon

Back 2 the bents

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Yep they called me back. Well my chest did that!
Short story, been battling chest pulling shoulders forwards for at least 2 years to my knowledge. Stop cycling and what do you know it slowly gets better!
Time for another trike or them some

So I've had a full suspension Ice trike before and loved the ride and couldn't go to a 3 wheeler without suspension. But how the prices have risen! 7k for a HP Scorpion fs 26. Well for that price I might as well and go the whole hog sinner mango velomobile route I've always wanted :roll:

Have considered getting a Performer Trike JC-26X with rear suspension but last time I tried one of those the front end felt like a noodle.

Oh no, I just saw the Drymer Proto, I wonder what time frame that is.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

RonK

Re: Back 2 the bents

Postby RonK » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:10 am

Here is another tempter for you. Classiest trike I ever saw. Leaves HP Velo for dead.

I'm not a fan of trikes, but this one tempts even me.

Azub Ti-Fly
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

OldBloke

Postby OldBloke » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:20 pm

skyblot

Postby skyblot » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Baalzamon wrote:...getting a Performer Trike JC-26X with rear suspension but last time I tried one of those the front end felt like a noodle....
Well, yes...if it's assembled per the Performer instructions with a long spacer between the tie rod and the steering arm. That flexes way too much. Remove the long spacers and use short bolts. If the tie rod touches the underside of the frame, fit short spacers between the tie rod and steering arm - about 1/4" does it. Stiffens the steering no end.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Well on facebook someone has cracked the rear triangle on a Performer twice and now one of the front wheels rim has cracked.
So I'm avoiding them. And I'm saving up for Azub Ti-Fly and maybe selling some bikes.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:08 pm

What's the Azub Ti-Fly sticker price?
Non-trike, my wish list is a Flevobike with Rohloff at crank and hidden chain no tensioner with single side swappable wheels.
I saw a pic with what looked like a Pinion was used by the Ti-Fly and thought if the Flevobike but then I saw a tensioner and it was like a cold shower to my arousal.

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:04 pm

eldavo wrote:What's the Azub Ti-Fly sticker price?
Non-trike, my wish list is a Flevobike with Rohloff at crank and hidden chain no tensioner with single side swappable wheels.
I saw a pic with what looked like a Pinion was used by the Ti-Fly and thought if the Flevobike but then I saw a tensioner and it was like a cold shower to my arousal.
Around €4,600 euros for the basic configuration with derailleur transmission.

But there is a huge choice of configs, accessories, and wheel sizes.

Lots of drive options including Rohloff, Nuvinci 380 and Pinion 12 and 18 sp, or in various combinations with Shimano Steps or Bionx P motors.

You really need to look at the AZUB configurator.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm

And I've already got a 20" 406 rear wheel laced up with a Nuvinci 380 as well, so I will be asking to get it without the rear wheel.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:10 pm

How much use of the Nuvincis have you clocked? I had one bad experience with rear suspension in the N360 with pedelec ebike, the load shifting didn't really exist. The exposed grease shift box at wheel change for puncture was messy in winter use, but expect I could be pacified about them if I had one to use ;)

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:42 pm

eldavo wrote:How much use of the Nuvincis have you clocked? I had one bad experience with rear suspension in the N360 with pedelec ebike, the load shifting didn't really exist. The exposed grease shift box at wheel change for puncture was messy in winter use, but expect I could be pacified about them if I had one to use ;)
Not installed yet. Got the wheel and it's been sitting idle

chuckchunder

Postby chuckchunder » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:15 am

Baalzamon wrote:Well on facebook someone has cracked the rear triangle on a Performer twice and now one of the front wheels rim has cracked.
So I'm avoiding them. And I'm saving up for Azub Ti-Fly and maybe selling some bikes.
To be fair to Performer the rider commutes 300km a week on the trike, and is not averse to high speed tight corners. Performer have replaced the broken frames, and reinforced the last one, which is now at 18 months and still going. As I understand it Performer also agreed to replace the wheel.
"We have thousands of miles of cycling infrastructure, we just need to get the cars off them....." US advocate

OldBloke

Postby OldBloke » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:10 pm

My wife and I both have Performer trikes and had been happy with the quality for the price. I have over 10,000km on mine and, other than the usual chain, chainring, cluster wear, haven't had any major problems. Follow-up from Performer in Taiwan to a couple of minor issues has been very good.

OB

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:05 pm

And chuckchunder has broken his idler holder on his performer