One day in Milan/ One in Berlin

thelittlebattler

One day in Milan/ One in Berlin

Postby thelittlebattler » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:24 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for a day in Milan? I'm heading over this weekend for work and will have Saturday arvo, and Sunday free.

I was in Italy/France for a holiday in June and did some riding (had to hire bikes after mine got stolen 3 days into the trip). Had fun obviously, but realised after getting home I could've found some better spots if I'd asked.

So has anyone done any riding around Milan? From stopping through in June, it looks pretty industrial. I know there's a few bike factories around Milan, but not sure if there's any places to hire.

Then I'll have a day in Berlin to spend. I'll probably end up wandering around the city, but if there's a must-do ride then I'm all ears.

herzog

Re: One day in Milan/ One in Berlin

Postby herzog » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:34 am

Lake Como. Short train ride from Milan (35 mins?)

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:17 pm

For short trips getting about in Milan you could use BikeMi

Another bike rental, and more Milan info http://www.aboutmilan.com/rent-bike-in-milan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

thelittlebattler

Postby thelittlebattler » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:55 am

Good call on Lake Como.. I'd love to get back to Tuscany, but it's just a bit too far. As is Bormio :(

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm

If you make it to Lake Como, try and get across to the Madonna del Ghisallo and the cycling chapel and museum there. Well worth a visit, good facilities including a restaurant. Less traffic on that side of the lake as well.

thelittlebattler

Postby thelittlebattler » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks guys, in the end I got sick on the plane to Melbourne and spent a night in hospital. All good, and kept going to Milan but it meant I didn't have a spare day anymore :( I'm bummed cos I flew over como I think on the way to Berlin, it was amazing from the air! Guess I'll just have to come back...
Not sure what I think of Berlin yet