Touring on a folding bike

redned

Touring on a folding bike

Postby redned » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:38 pm

In following a link to former work colleagues that are organising a reunion, I found this page buried in a web site of a former colleague:

http://www.appliedminex.com/bicycle/biketouring.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seeing that the web site is mainly about using fluid inclusion decrepitation in mineral exploration, I thought it unlikely that the average touring cyclist would have spotted it.

Kingsley has done some fantastic light-weight international tours on his folding bike.

But if you are into fluid inclusion decrepitation, read the rest of the site as well!

elantra

Re: Touring on a folding bike

Postby elantra » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks for posting this - he is a seriously accomplished cyclist who has really been there and done that.

In the Pyrenees last year i saw a surprising number of touring cyclists on folding bikes
Most were "just" doing day trips, but that includes me :wink:

b3n

Postby b3n » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:09 pm

I met a couple in Riding the Pamir Highway on folders (BikeFriday I think). They loved being able to flag down a passing car when the weather turned bad (and I envied them for it when it started snowing) but also note that for their latest trip they're using more 'conventional' touring bikes.

clackers

Postby clackers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:54 pm

I know a guy who did European Alp passes on a Bike Friday - not day trips, but a multiweek tour through several countries.