Romantic trip with the wife and the bike :-)

BugsBunny

Romantic trip with the wife and the bike :-)

Postby BugsBunny » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:28 pm

OK guys. I've got some frequent flyer miles and am planning on using them to get a flight from Hong Kong to somewhere in Europe for me and my missus. Some sort of nice romantic holiday for about 12 days to celebrate both our kids leaving the nest! :-)

I need some advice on where it would be good to have a romantic holiday but give me easy access to taking the bike out for a cheeky spin - preferably on some of the classic routes of the Tdf / Giro etc. I'm bringing the Brompton which is setup for climbs. My wife doesn't ride, so I need to sneak out for short rides of say 3-4 hours max out and back.

We are tentatively planning around May - June 2019.

Any ideas on which country or two to visit? I'm thinking now Zurich then heading over to Italy? But entirely open to ideas.

Bugs

cyclotaur

Re: Romantic trip with the wife and the bike :-)

Postby cyclotaur » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Lake Como....or Lake Garda - or a bit of both!
2023 Target: 9.500kms/100,000m
My old blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding, not racing...completing, not competing"

Sparx

Postby Sparx » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Easy to hire e-bikes at all the popular cycling destinations so if the missus is up for a sight seeing ride then that's an option.
Pyrenees for mine

BugsBunny

Postby BugsBunny » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Thanks guys...

I'm entirely unfamiliar with Europe so these tips are putting me on the right track. I remember 2 years ago Cycling Maven did some vlogs of Italy as he was following the tour (or was it the Giro? )and I just remember Italy to be stunning. I just had a gander at Lake Como and blimey it looks stunning! Its definitely on the cards!

As for e-bikes, unfortunately my wife can't ride a bike. Real pity because some of the flat and safer areas I reckon would be quite nice to see on two wheels.

Bugs