Repco Bermuda?

Roc_Doc

Repco Bermuda?

Postby Roc_Doc » Sun May 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi guys,
I was looking to buy a bike after a few years off riding and I like the look of this one..........

Has anyone out there ridden one, or know of one? While it is certainly an el-cheapo, being single speed and having no suspension it does not look as bad as the average supermarket bike. I just wanted to know straight from the horses mouth if there were any gremlins or traps in what should be a fairly clean simple bike. If there is a problem i want specifics about this bike, not an anti-cheap bike rant (as much as the rest of the repco range probably deserves it). I am in country NSW and have no LBS worthy of the name within 3 hrs drive so any simple retro looking alternatives that I could buy online would be appreciated, as would a good online frame dimension calculator. Lastly, any good sites with instructions beyond the obvious for assembly.

Cheers
PJ

jet-ski

Re: Repco Bermuda?

Postby jet-ski » Fri May 21, 2010 4:20 pm

I've never seen one in the flesh (Big W are supposed to be stockists) but I think they would be about the same as the ones you can buy online. There is a website called goeasyonline which sells that kind of thing new. I don't think you'll find the cheap (non-electra) versions in bike shops.
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Fri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm

And if you look for Sheldon Brown's website everything you need to know is on there in terms of bike assembly.
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

Roc_Doc

Postby Roc_Doc » Fri May 21, 2010 9:48 pm

jet-ski wrote:I've never seen one in the flesh (Big W are supposed to be stockists) but I think they would be about the same as the ones you can buy online. There is a website called goeasyonline which sells that kind of thing new. I don't think you'll find the cheap (non-electra) versions in bike shops.
Cool, I found the Electra bike and it is a good looking machine (Coaster brake only though, is this legal in Aust?). Th conundrum is that its hard to find buy a bike online without test riding it first. Am in the same boat with the Big W bike though, dammit.

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Sat May 22, 2010 1:32 pm

It's legal if you have two effective brakes... so as long as it's got some type of brake on the front and the coaster it's sweet.