Dragster display Sunday March 2nd 2014

pacerman

Dragster display Sunday March 2nd 2014

Postby pacerman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have been into Dragsters for years :) In a couple of weekend's time there is a car show in Melbourne called the Pitman Classic put on in aid of Kid's brainstem tumour research (a great cause). The show is held at Bonbeach Sports Reserve, (Oval no.5) Bonbeach in Melbourne. Melways (if anyone still uses one!) 97E4 and is filmed by Fletch of "Classic Restos" fame. They had around 500 cars last year and the car club I am in is heavily involved.

March 2nd Sunday - 10am until 3pm

https://www.facebook.com/IsabellaAndMar ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have volunteered to put on a Dragster bike display and so far have 7 (they will be roped off so the little ones and clumsy folk don't get too close) including:

NOS Dragstar 3spd
Near mint Flying Wedge
Near mint Myer Speed (3 spd)
Restored Iverson Dragstripper (5spd derailleur) no-one has seen this bike yet
Hot rodded 24" Dragster of unknown origin (5spd derailleur)
Girly Dragster in good original condition
A mates identical original Myer Speed in "barn find" condition which will be a great contrast to my minty Myer Speed. Same accessories/same colour!

If anyone in Melbourne can come and display a bike please let me know ASAP. Cheers!

P.S I'll post some pics of my other bikes soon.

MFDU

Re: Dragster display Sunday March 2nd 2014

Postby MFDU » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:28 pm

We'd probably be there with our Valiant, but now we've got some bikes to bring too:

and the little fella has one to inspire him: