Bike Theft in Dublin [external article]

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bike Theft in Dublin [external article]

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:59 am

This looks at bike theft in Dublin and why they have been doing to try and tackle it: Bike theft in Dublin – an underreported and growing problem
David Timoney for ECF wrote:Despite all the progress on cycling issues over the past few years, one area where there have been few success stories is in the reduction of bike theft. With the sharp growth in bike theft figures in Dublin over the past few years, David Timoney said he would look into the issue on behalf of the Dublin Cycling Campaign and come up with a plan of action.

Unfortunately, while meeting a member of the City Council as part of his research, he became part of the 2014 statistics. To have one’s bike stolen when in a meeting about the very same issue… “The irony of it!” he says. “I could say that this was all part of a plan to totally immerse myself in the project, but really it was just that I had a cheap cable lock that day…” Dublin cyclists, be warned! It could happen to you. Chances are it already has. David Timoney investigates.
source: ECF - European Cyclists' Federation Guest Article
Cycling is in my BNA