Stolen: Giant TCR Advanced 1 Disc - Walkerville, SA

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
arope99

Stolen: Giant TCR Advanced 1 Disc - Walkerville, SA

Postby arope99 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:29 pm

Stolen this morning at my kids' school (Walkerville Primary School). Just left it for about 10 minutes outside of my kid's class, and gone when I came out. A couple of kids saw the thief and has given the description to the police.

Bright neon green colour, with 2 x 99bikes branded black bottle cage, a white tape surrounding the lower part of the seatpost, Lifeline Garmin mount with a Garmin Edge 200 attached.

Front tyre still the original Giant tyre, and rear is Continental Gatorskin.

Picture here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13H2Et ... LbhpL7V6D8
Last edited by arope99 on Thu May 03, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mububban

Re: Stolen: Giant TCR Advanced 1 Disc - Walkerville, SA

Postby Mububban » Thu May 03, 2018 11:54 am

Wow! I've done the same with my bike when dropping kids off and considered it an almost zero theft risk :shock:
Not much foot traffic within a school except parents usually? Hopefully that means you can identify the thief...if they're a parent/regular visitor to the school that's a pretty bold move!?!
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

arope99

Re: Stolen: Giant TCR Advanced 1 Disc - Walkerville, SA

Postby arope99 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:09 pm

I don't think one of the parents did it. The kids who saw the thief said that he looks out of place and was smoking too (inside the school ground). I've never seen anyone smoke on the school ground before. He was caught on the CCTV on the footpath outside of the school too, but only can see the back of him. Not sure if it's going to be any help to the cops or not.