[MEL] Stolen Pinarello Jersey

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
P!N20

[MEL] Stolen Pinarello Jersey

Postby P!N20 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:19 pm

This is a loooooong shot, but here goes:

Somebody stole a parcel from my letterbox in Coburg, Victoria containing a red Pinarello jersey (as well as a cycling cap and musette) sometime after 1:30pm on 27th April. It looks like this:

It was inside a regular red and white Aus Post satchel.

If you happen to see somebody wearing it, hand cuff them to the nearest immovable object and contact me on 0 4 nine 7 2 2 one 5 two 4

Thanks

10speedsemiracer

Re: [MEL] Stolen Pinarello Jersey

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Fri May 11, 2018 7:37 pm

What a scumbag..will keep my eyes open, just hoping there weren't many of these sold. May run out of handcuffs.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

P!N20

Re: [MEL] Stolen Pinarello Jersey

Postby P!N20 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:18 pm

10speedsemiracer wrote:What a scumbag..will keep my eyes open, just hoping there weren't many of these sold. May run out of handcuffs.
I doubt there would be many in Australia - that’s probably why I’m so gutted about it; they don’t hold much monetary value, but to the collector or enthusiast they hold quite a bit of sentimental value. I wouldn’t have really worried about it if it was just a generic jersey.

The thief would not have known what was inside the parcel. I can only assume they would have been disappointed when they discovered it was a cycling jersey and chucked it in the bin.

To make it worse the seller owns a vintage Pinarello too, and we exchanged notes and pictures of our respective rides. So there was a ‘handing over’ from one enthusiast to another, which transcends a normal buy/sell transaction. On top of that he told me after I let him know it had gone missing that he threw in a couple of extras he thought I might like. What a top bloke.

Ah well, guess in the grand scheme of things it was only a minor blip.