Fast Forward F2A rim

rtnicho

Fast Forward F2A rim

Postby rtnicho » Tue May 08, 2018 11:04 am

Anyone know what (alloy) rim Fast Forward used in making the F2A 240s? I need to replaced a rear (24 hole). Alternatively another replacement rim? Existing rim is about 23mm deep with asymmetric drilling with eyelets and is a clincher.
Cheers

10speedsemiracer

Re: Fast Forward F2A rim

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Fri May 11, 2018 4:15 am

I was interested in this as well, as had read a couple of reviews which rave about their stiffness etc etc, so I did a bit of digging and aside from a couple of vague allusions to DT Swiss in reviews, there was nothing actually stated as the rims being DT Swiss and I feel that they would have made a bigger deal if they were.

Hubs (DT Swiss 240s) and spokes are listed as DT Swiss Comp or Aerolite depending on which side of the wheel (rear), but the rims appear to be no name or manufactured in-house (in Holland). I'd suggest emailing them at info@ffwdusa.com.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

rtnicho

Postby rtnicho » Sun May 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Cheers, thanks for that. I emailed FF Australia about a replacement and they can supply one for about $250. Add building costs to that and it's not economic. They also have a service where you can send them off to Holland and they will rebuild the wheel for 137 euros plus shipping which I guess will be about $12,000!!
Am shopping for alternative rims at the mo

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Sun May 13, 2018 6:24 pm

rtnicho wrote:Cheers, thanks for that. I emailed FF Australia about a replacement and they can supply one for about $250. Add building costs to that and it's not economic. They also have a service where you can send them off to Holland and they will rebuild the wheel for 137 euros plus shipping which I guess will be about $12,000!!
Am shopping for alternative rims at the mo
The bit that worried me was the asymmetrical format. Only thing I found similar was a DT Swiss rim at Wiggle. But then you're still up for spokes and build anyway.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go