UWCT Perth Time Trial?

alanhoon

UWCT Perth Time Trial?

Postby alanhoon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:25 am

Hi, guys i am new to this forum and new to time trial. I have a orbea ordu TT bike. I intend to try some time trial races overseas as asia has very few time trial races. I know this is a UCI race so the frame must be uci certify. Problem is my frame is 2010 its a uci approved model but without the uci decal. Does it matter. Will I be rejected?

2nd are they very strict on the UCI setting of my bike? if its a must then i will be to change my setting and get used to it.

i emailed UWCT but no reply. If anyone who has taken part in this race can advise me? Thx guys.

alanhoon

Re: UWCT Perth Time Trial?

Postby alanhoon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:36 pm

no one?

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Less than one day especially on a weekend is not a long time without a reply in the Road Racing section of this forum... So please relax.

If you plan on racing UCI events you will need to be adept at searching the UCI regs online.

In regards to your frame

http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Rule ... nglish.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Models on the market, at the production stage or already manufactured on 1 January 2011 are not required to be approved during the transition stage. However, the non-approved models have to comply in any case with the UCI technical regulations (Articles 1.3.001 to 1.3.025) and are subjects to the commissaires decision during events.
For UCI events they will be very strict - including level saddle, 3:1 aspect ratio including bars, position etc. You will need to have your bike set up correctly, otherwise you will be sent off to fix prior to racing and if the necessary fix can not be made before the race starts you will be a DNS.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:18 pm

Some more light reading... http://www.uci.ch/inside-uci/rules-and- ... nt-165067/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note they do change the rules more often than you would expect, so you need to check back relatively frequently as it is your responsibility to keep up to date with changes. Latest has me now having to change my gear levers, as they have again changed the rules around the setting of the extensions!

alanhoon

Postby alanhoon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:25 pm

Thank you.I have read. Frames before 2011 need not to be approved. Just the settings. I am getting my bike fitter to refit me. Thx for helping:)

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:49 pm

No worries. :wink:

Make sure you have fully reviewed all the regs including the latest changes in regards to extension changes in case the fitter isn't full up to date with these. They may set up your position without UCI regs in mind or aware of the latest changes...

The commissaires can check bar and seat post aspect ratio with calipers; the rules have changed that you can't race if not compliant by taping something to meet the aspect ratio like originally when introduced, you will need to swap out the equipment otherwise cannot race! They now have spirit levels to measure seat angle. The test jig with check to see where the nose of your saddle in relation to the BB and also how far forward the extensions measure from the BB and now the range of the shift levers above the arm pads to name just a few!

Eg relatively recent changes which have made my bike non compliant. My manual shifters with ski extensions measure above 10cm above the arm rests with the levers in the upper position - http://gplama.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/t ... is-it.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alanhoon

Postby alanhoon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:34 pm

thx, i will remind my fitter again and show him your replies so he won't screw up. But again i need to try the refit if it fits me also. If not then i have to race non uci races :(

alanhoon

Postby alanhoon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:46 am

hi guys. it has been 1 year since I post. theres a 2016 UWCT TT Race. I wonder is hed trispoke allowed. I cant find it under uci regulations. but I see tdf they use it.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Hed trispoke is currently fine. Approved wheel list is for mass start races.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:49 pm

alanhoon wrote:If not then i have to race non uci races :(
Only ATTA races are non UCI regulations. All Cycling Australia racing is under UCI regulations - only difference is that at club races they rarely check the bike over...

alanhoon

Postby alanhoon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:20 pm

thank you so much dalai47